Statcounter

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Pictures Don't Tell Everything...

First, excuse me Mr. Oxford, can I just make my own definition? Photogenic means that you can look good in pictures. Yes, even to the extent that you look much better in photograph then you are as a person! How about that?

I have a few friends who are photogenic. One way to tell is they look so pleasant in pictures. How? Get an album where you get to see a series of pictures, different shots, different poses, but one thing in common...they look so pleasantly well in those pics! Or a bit more explanation from my side, looking at them in the pictures, makes you think you’re looking at someone you don’t know yet. Because the pictures simply flash an attraction that you might not feel in your everyday’s encounter with them. Yeah, I would call that photogenic.

I have this one friend. She’s generally lovely. Tall, thin – the model material. I got to see her picture album and she looked even better in pictures. I couldn’t help but say, “She’s photogenic. She looks even better in pictures.” Yes, some people are really blessed, right? Also, I have found a lot of people are NOT photogenic. Hey, no kidding. Wait, speaking of photogenic, it has a lot to do with the camera, right? Wait, are you sure you can rely SO MUCH on cameras?

I love to take pictures. You can ask my friends. I am a person who always bring camera with me. You can say that because of that habit, I have something to gain. I have a lot of pictures my friends don’t. I have in my collection the pictures that recorded differet events and memories – and my friends don’t. That’s why they used to hunt me to get those pictures. Okay, all this just to explain to you that I deal a lot with cameras since schooldays. So, at least I am not totally anonymous to this subject of photography. I have taken a lot of pictures too, and I am the type who appreciate good pictures. So, I can at least tell you guys that some people look very different in pictures!! They can look so so good in front of me, and it’s only a snap away, I look inside the preview of the camera, man! They look so much different there. Looking different is not all, they don’t actually look as good as they really look in flesh!! Now you know I mean well when I say that pictures can be deceiving! Because it’s true! If people can look great in pictures, good!! Bravo for that! But what about when pictures don’t do the justice they deserve? No kidding. But in the contrary, some people look so stunning in pictures. My goodness, I should envy them or what? Who doesn’t want to look good, right?

One great example is this very cute little cousin of mine. She’s my favourite so far. Since she was a baby, I’ve been taking pictures of her. She’s just so adorable. Her mom doesn’t have a lot of the pictures I have. Whenever we took her to our home, whether I snap her pictures using my phone, or my camera. She looks sooo sooo cute in person. But that cuteness can’t transfer into pictures. I don’t know why!!! Seriously. People can’t feel how adorable she is in pictures alone. That is so not fair. That cuteness must be appreciated, right? *giggles. But the pictures can’t capture that cuteness. Well, she looks like some normal small girl in pictures. Where’s that charm? That charm that makes us want to squeeze her cheeks. Seriously. Those charms don’t transfer into pictures.

The good news are, we can’t rely that much on pictures. If you think you’re never looking good enough in pictures, guess what, you can rely entirely on your real charm. Something that you can’t fake no matter what. The charm that the camera can’t capture. I saw something like that, ok? So let’s not worry if you don’t produce good pictures. UNLESS you want to try your luck on Malaysian’s Next Top Cover Model – Ahaaa....maybe you have to feel sorry because you might not stand a chance. Remember Jon Johnson, the winner for American’s Next Top Male Model? He looks normal – but he becomes someone else during the photoshots. The charms come out shining. And this is to the extent that the judges could simply forgive him for being short, also his distracting teeth. Nahh...forget about them. What important is, we can now underestimate the accuracy of photographs. They might not tell the truth!!

I know what it feels to not be photogenic, because I am also not photogenic. I would sometimes prefer looking at myself 10 times more in the mirror, than in the pictures. Yup. I have to accept the fact that I am not photogenic. I think that people might do some mistake of trying to figure out what I’m like in person, just by looking at the pictures. I don’t want that to happen. I don’t really mind if people underestimate me when they look at my pictures, as long as I can at least be slightly better in person. As you can see, pictures are static. There are many things you cannot see in static things used to describe something dynamics and moving like human beings. Videos tell more truth than pictures. At least you see the movement, the 3 dimensional objects – so we will less likely got deceived by positioning and technicality. My goodness 256, who wants to know about all this??? Cut the crap, OK?? *Lols.

Let’s just be happy with who we really are la ba kan? Photogenic or not, biar laaa...malas la mau pikir. If yang nda photogenic mcm sia, senang jaa... make sure you use digicam, and start snapping as many times as you can afford to. Take 100 shots and confirm mesti ada 1 yang ok2 sikit tu. *Lols. Hahahahaahahahahahahahahaha.

Remember, pictures don’t tell everything!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

nah bila ko ajar sia adjust tu digicam ? :)))) sia mo amik pic kulam c tuan kulam antu air mata mirah wakwak

AngeL BeaR said...

most pics were photoshop-ed ody.... =.=

Anonymous said...

I'm not photogenic either! =D

Anonymous said...

Picture dont't tell everything..." hehehe.. ya sa pun bukan photogenic juga.. tapi Picture bagi sia kasi ingat sia time kurus2dulu sama time dulu... hehehe "Picture tell me a story..." hahahaha

Anonymous said...

I'm really enjoying the design and layout of your blog. It's a very easy on the
eyes which makes it much more enjoyable for me
to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a designer to create your theme?
Outstanding work!

Take a look at my weblog :: anti cellulite treatment