Statcounter

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

"I Wish I Were Her"

Do you recall the times, when you admired someone so much that you wish you were that person? Maybe with all the fame and influence that the person has, good wealth and fans around, who wouldn't want such a fortune right? This is just the general idea. I think, the younger we are, the more we get engaged in thoughts like that, especially when the hormones are jumping and it's so easy to get infatuated by your idols; mostly the famous celebrities. It's just so easy to day-dream to have fans chanting your name and screaming at your public appearance. It all just superficially makes you feel good about your life. I always think deep into something like this (though it doesn't sound that important) but it's good to know why you want something and whether or not you really mean what you wish for or you're just fooled by first impressions. It's often a fun question to ask among your friends, which figure do they wish they become? Whose life would they wish were theirs? It's fun to come up with a famous name and some description on why this and why that. What if one of your friends answered, "Nobody, I just want to be myself." Of course you don't buy it, you must be thinking that friend of yours was just showing off to like her life so much that she lied she didn't wish to be someone else.

I thought of that when I was much younger. Maybe I too got caught up with imagination how good would it be to be someone else, and maybe it got me tired. Actually, what's so good about being someone famous, rich and influential? Does it maturity or just pure logic to stop wanting to be someone else? If you look at Siti Nurhaliza, her life looks so good. She is loved by her fans, she's the number one singer for many years now, she's not even hated by the people who are not considered a fan (except for jealous people, who always find fault to hate), she's just naturally well-mannered, she can look really good with make-ups and fancy clothes, she's a millionaire, she is supported by a strong family... and got married to a multi-millionaire (whom she deeply in love with), in such a perfect wedding event. Who wouldn't to have a life like hers right? Anyway, did you ever think about getting your own family to scan the hotel room to are going to stay at, to make sure it's free from hidden camera? Phew, no thanks. Well, I think I will have to return it back to her if someone offers me a life like hers. It's just tiring to even think about it, like your safety and privacy is in jeopardy. Suddenly I'm so thankful of my quiet and peaceful life.

You want to be someone because you look at the person's life as a fan, not as someone who owns the life. You as an ordinary person you are, even how bad your life is, at least you know how bad it is and you have learnt to live with it for your whole life. Too much admiration for someone else's life, make you even more at lost, because if you're really given the chance to have that person's life, then only you know the difficulties are a shock to you, and these version of difficulties are not adapted by you, as much as the version of difficulties in your own life. Before you know it, you're already begging to have you old life back. It's just so easy to be the person you are. And with this little idea I gave you, maybe you should cut your dream short and better off finding ways to enjoy your life even more this time. If someone has that much fortune and wealth, just be grateful for her and feel good about it just like you're enjoying good scenery at the beach. Feel good about anything good around you, but never stop appreciating your own life, whose beauty is not even half uncovered. So go find this beauty, you've seen so much of it in other's life already. It's your turn now, your life is in the limelight, act your very best!

NOTE: I am still sick today oo...luckily I have my older collection to post. Anyway, tomorrow is my off day. I will see you guys back the day after tomorrow. And one more thing, I will take pictures of the dishes that I prepare tomorrow ah. *giggles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dulu sy pernah berangan2 mcm ni..
I wish i were Brad Pitt (sbb kehenseman)~ I wish i were Lim Goh Thong (sbb kekayaan)~ I wish i were Mukhriz Mahathir (sbb dia anak org plg ptg d M'sia)~ I wish i were Prof. Kassim - ex-dean (sbb ramai students suka dia)~

Tp bila balik semula ke realiti, i wish i were me (i am) sebab sy tau ada satu kelebihan yg ada pd sy tp tidak dimiliki oleh org lain, such as my lovely family, my biz my cars.. Hahaha!

Kiranya pusing2 cerita ni.. Sy bersyukur la to be myself sbb mcm mana pun kita mau jadi mcm org lain, kita tetap kita yg ini.. Nda buli ubah suda.. Terima ja la.. Hahahaha~!