Statcounter

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Do I Have To Be Superwoman To Save The Day?


The Answer is NO!!
Lets take a break from all the sins and crimes and evils and whatever you call it. I want to promote to you guys one good thing that we can do within our capacity as a small and humble human being. 

I think about this matter long before and now I’m ready to write about it. It’s becoming very clear to me now. 

You guys recall one time when you get yourself into and argument with someone. Think of one moment. Maybe you got mad at the office boy who delivered the letter late. Or you screamed at the coffee boy who spilled the coffee on your shirt. Just think of one incident when people stepped on your tail and you just burst in anger. Ahaa…get one now? 

IMAGINE… in that same situation, if only you had not reacted that way, what could have happened? The office boy might not go out from your office with very saddened and bad feelings, and the coffee boy won’t receive a insulting remark from his superior and maybe risk his job. You see that now? If only you had reacted the opposite, YOU ACTUALLY SAVE A SOUL from a bad day. 

Aha, another best example. My newest haircut. You guys know I love my long and thick hair. I needed a haircut because it was turning dull to me. So I only needed it to be styled so it could look lively again. The experienced hairstylist tried to tell me, If she cut only little pieces here and there, it won’t be much of a difference. She could be right. I paid a good price for the service, the hairstyle must come out to worth the charge. But I kept saying that I want my hair to still be thick and long. So when she was done, my hair was totally different. I lost that long thick hair to a shorter stylish one. It isn’t a bad haircut at all, but it was a big painful to lose that much hair. People were starting to recognise me for my hair, and then I just lost that “signature” in a short visit to a saloon. Considering that I repeatedly told the lady that “I still want my hair to be thick and long,” But she actually went beyond that request. So after she was done, I looked at my hair, I had the reason to be upset because the long hair was gone, but then I got a new style. The lady looked so worried that I got upset that she cut so much. I saw her face from the mirror. I know she’s a senior hairstylist and she knew what she was doing. My most predictable reaction was – “I’ve told you to not cut too much, right? Look at what you have done to my hair! I’ve told you I want my hair to still be long and thick, right?” Ahaaa…If I were to say something, I would say that. But instead, I told her, “I like it.” and forget about the pieces of hair that was gone. She made the effort, and I saw it that she really worked into it so… “I WON’T SPOIL HER DAY” by telling her, you cut so much of my hair!!! I even smiled to her to say that I was satisfied with her work and left. I know she was worried because she could notice that I’m one fussy customer. To finally get a reaction like that was really a relief. I actually saved her from a bad day. 

Actually, I did it many times already. I remember a few kids were playing at the front of my workplace and they mistakenly kicked something that hit my window glass and broke it into pieces. The kids ran in fear. But because I was busy talking to my customers, I just let that happened. Someone helped me to the get phone number of the parents of the kid who caused that so I could ask for compensation. I said, Thanks to the person but then I threw the phone number away. I said, “It’s okay. I won’t make anybody’s day worse because of a broken windowpane.” They were so surprised that I was cool with that. They knew that 256 is anything but a laid back person. Hahahahahaahhahaha. So you know, it takes a great compassion to be able to react that way just so we could all keep the peaceful atmosphere. 

You and I could do many things like that in the future. Save someone from trouble, save someone from tears --- yes, it could be as simple as having a little compassion inside you. You guys know that I can be very vocal and grumpy, but I managed to pull it off so that I could save people from getting a bad day. Everytime I do it, it feels good inside. I know that it’s not always me and me that needs to get listened. People make mistakes and they do deserve the chance to learn from them without a bitter experience. The better reason is, whenever I make someone’s day bad, I also have a bad day. So you know, if you have to be selfish even in this matter, yes, saving someone from a bad day also means that you are saving yourself from a bad day. So if we can avoid anger outburst, heated arguments, then let’s avoid them. A little compassion goes a long way :)

Again, do I need to have superpower of a Superwoman to save the day? I definitely don’t. And same goes with you. So, are we ready to save the day today? *grinz.

4 comments:

ulal said...

nahhhhh ni baru lah my litol kocayangan :))) idup musti ceria,kalo suma manusia kat sabah camni punya sitail .. kompom idup ni punuh makna :))) dr segi ni kita kena cincai siket mah..kasuali mang tu org mo tipu sama kita than kita pun kana nda cincai jua lorr :))

Twofivesix256 said...

hehehehe...ya lalingg...makasehh... nanti blanja kupi lagi ahh (*Lols)

ulal said...

namaw kadai tu ari arr .. nda sukup kaw baitu kupinya tu ari punya kadai :)))

Twofivesix256 said...

Ya laa ya laaa... nanti u pick the kedai this time ahh hehehehe :P Muahsss