Statcounter

Friday, August 21, 2009

Do You Believe In Miracles?

Miracles are something that seem impossible to happen in high possibility – after considering reasons and logics. The chance for a miracle to happen is when almost all reasons and logics are ruled out. I remember when my grandma admitted to the hospital and went to comma a few years ago. The doctor told my mom to prepare for the worst – “She’s going to leave” and that was what my mom told us before we quickly dress up to the hospital. My heart was beating so fast. Emotionless. On the way to the hospital, I was trying to cool myself down that I wanted to find the excuse that “It’s time for my grandma to go and I don’t have a better choice” so that I could accept the fact of losing her. Yes, I could do that. But deep inside my heart, there was a little hope for a miracle. People don’t have to know that I had that hope. Only God should know. So instead of giving up, I prayed. I prayed all the right words – I said to God the reasons why my grandma should be given more time to continue her life. The last one in the list was, “We are not ready to lose her” – which is in fact the top reason. I asked for “more time” to make up for all our mistakes to grandma. Her recovery was considered a miracle at this stage because all the family members were called to prepare for the worst. As a doctor, you won’t just say something like that as a joke unless you have medical indicators that the patient is not giving positive feedback to the treatment. Although that little possibility sounds like a joke from someone who tries to defy the reality – but it’s the last piece of shine that will remain at the corner of your heart. Who knows that little light is the going to shine the entire universe – but first… A Miracle must take place. You know the ending of the story already. Yes, my grandma was back to life. She was showing signs of recovery when half of the crowd was already prepared to lose her. In medical term, it might be quite a shock. But to go beyond what the eyes could see, my theory is that many of the family members were praying and building strong energy and hope for my grandma to fight back and gain her consciousness. And most importantly, my grandma must have been touched by God’s hands after listening to our prayers. She finally got up as normal as can be. We almost forgot the terrifying moment of almost losing her. That time, I decided that I’m not skeptical anymore. That was one of the few incidents when I finally decided that Yes, Miracles Do Happen.

I understand how painful it is to hope when everything else is going against you. Like, when you did something stupid at the interview; something embarrassing enough to lose the job; it’s painful to rely on miracles – when you know your logic spells out that you are just not fit for the job. Still, you refuse to give up until they have the name of the person who gets the job. It’s painful to rely on the little light when the darkness is too strong to make the light visible. The most painful part is when, You are almost sure the miracle is not going to happen. You know you gonna lose a competition because your point is very low. You know you gonna fail a paper because your mark is below 50. But still, because of your knowledge of miracles, you still want to hope that something impossible might turn up. Yes, miracles turn us down many times. Sometimes we feel that it’s easier to just forget about miracles because facts always win. Miracles make us go tired of hoping. I know the feeling, guys.

You know what? I’m still thankful that Miracle is there in human dictionary. Though it gonna let me down many times – but I care more about the fewest times when it’s making a breakthrough. Yes, because miracles don’t bound to happen all the time. It’s the most crucial times when you thought you have lost your hope, it could be the thing that saves the day.

Although I hope that I don’t have to rely on it, but yes, I do believe in Miracles :) I could not refuse to hope when there’s still a chance for it.

Miracle is a light of hope :)

2 comments:

ulal said...

/me bediri kat depan laling spaya org nda nampak sama dia .. sambil sukung pendapatnya wakkwkakwkkaka
lain situry lah kan dear.. ada sini sandakan satu duktur kolinik bah.. kalo nama timangannya dalam bahasa kantunis iyalah "so chai e sanang " kalo dalam bahasa kita iyalah duktur gila2!!! haha .. bukan sia gurau ni .. banyak sdah kes terjadi sampai ada yg tumbuk sdah sama dia .. sbabkan dia sembarangan sakap bah...ada tu org tua sama cucu nya p jumpa laini duktur ni..adakah patut dia kastau yg nene nya tu nda buli idup sdah padahal cuma sakit2 sendih jak tu nini .. apa lagi tuss lemah zantung lah nini tu...banyak sdah situry pasal ni duktur .. tapi ubatnya d kira buli buli tahan jua ni kat sandakan pasal tu ramai yg jumpa sama dia :P tapi sia nda lah pena jumpa ni duktur .. sbab sia takut nanti duktur tu pula yg lomah zantungnya wakwkawak

Twofivesix256 said...

Hehehehe...that's another story ba that dear...Itu berkaitan sana kecuaian masa keja tu, but in my mamatua punya kes yg dia coma tu, sia considered yang kecuaian ni tidak berlaku. But the second time when she left us for good, maybe ada issue kecuaian juga, but org mesti cakap, kalau sudah ajal tu, inda kisah la kalau duduk2 or titun2 pun tiba2 ble pegi. Anyway, kita harap benda2 kecuaian ni janganlah ada terutama benda2 perubatan ni kan. Eii namau citaa pasal tu :PP Anyway, sorry sepa2 yang menunggu sia hilang 2 hari tu. Hehehehehe. Yang miss sia tu, I miss u too... (*Lols) Muahssss