Statcounter

Thursday, August 6, 2009

Just When You Thought The Zebra Is Yours…

My sister brought in some bad news last nite. Her workmate’s sister got hit but a car on the zebra. It was a hit and run. She died tragically in the age of 19, not lived even half of the life she would expect to live. It was a sad thing. The last pride that I imagined was on the girl’s mind – The Zebra Is Mine. It could be the thing that caused her death.

I saw it how the pedestrians (pejalan kaki) walked on the zebra. Some of them were so brave and thought the street was theirs. Even when we could see some cars were speeding towards the zebra, they just crossed the street thinking that – “Try and hit me on zebra. This road is made for me.” That is almost ridiculous.

It’s the same with the roundabout. The cars in the roundabout own the roundabout. Other cars from the other junctions have to wait until the road is clear then they can take their turn. I remember being inside the car with some people who can memorize the laws very well. If they saw a car trying to move too soon, the car that is already in the roundabout will do its right. “This roundabout is mine”, you can’t steal my road and I’m going to move forward no matter what. If you hit me, you’ll pay the fine. Again, that is almost ridiculous.

If you are trying to stand for YOUR RIGHT when you’re on the road, I want to remind you guys that the law is written nicely in the book. It’s not there to watch you all the time. It is not there to see when you have to loosen up just to MAKE SURE you can reach the destination ALIVE. F*ck with the laws. Who owns this road, who owns that road and who get fined, who will go to jail – to hell with all that. I’m pissed because I want to tell these people that Your Safety is beyond any laws. It’s your safety first!!!

Even when it’s written in the law that the zebra cross is yours, you shouldn’t just blindly cross the road. You still have to look at the cars speeding, whether or not the drivers will recognize “your name” on the zebra. I saw it how these pedestrians use the zebra. They assume all the cars will stop and give way to them. They are very wrong. The cars with the reckless drivers inside them, won’t let anything delay them. Unless the white crocodiles are watching at the side of the road, they might as well think that Not Even A Stupid Zebra can slow them down. And you have to take into account the “carelessness” of simply being a human beings with juggled chores. The drivers might be on the phone, busy tuning the radio or got his glasses wrecked just before he enters the car – YOU NAME IT! Consider these possibilities that the drivers might not be reckless, but they have their own situation to overlook that “there’s someone is crossing the zebra” or worse still, “Ouch, is there a zebra cross right there?”

That’s why it always pissed me off when people are talking about the law when they could get themselves in a life-threatening situation just because they assume the law is on their side. Life is more important!! Nobody says that hitting the road divider is right by law, but if that’s what you have to do to survive and safe yourself from a getting hit by “a mad cow” got suddenly get crazy on the road, THEN HIT IT!!! When it comes down to the question of life and death, you have to use your eyes, use your judgment… cos I don’t think the law will appreciate you “blaming the other person” when you’re already “at the other world” – if you know what I mean. Life is MORE IMPORTANT than anything else when you’re on the road. And yes, YOU DON’T HAVE TO TAKE another life just because you’re just too ignorant of the law.

As much as I say that Your Life is your number one priority when you are on the road, that’s how much you should NOT sacrifice another life by your carelessness. These people have unlived dreams too, like you and me. Don’t go and give yourself a chance to ruin all the dreams and hopes built around them. There’s something you can do about it, of course!!! PLEASEEE!!!! BE CAREFUL WHEN YOU’RE ON THE ROAD!!!

Don’t make the human race regret to have invented motor vehicles in the first place!!!!

PLEASE PEOPLE~!! Do your part!!!

NOTE: I remember writing a very emotional essay on the topic – The Inventions That You Wish Have Never Been Invented – for my English for Science & Tech paper. My number one invention is motor vehicles. As ridiculous as it is, I just wonder how many lives could still be around without this invention. And guess what… I got an A for that subject. At least spare me some thought, I know what I’m writing about!!

3 comments:

ulal said...

nahhhhh kalo kat sandakan .. driver yg kena berhati2 memandu..biar pun bkan jalan tu kuda zebra ... kereta jua tu yg kana elak tu manusia .. ni jenis manusia ni bikin heran...ari basar atau keramaian baru durang ni kuar jalan kat bandar.. kalo bkan perayaan atau ada apa2 function .. durang ni hanya tau jalan dalam sana utan bakau jak (org bakau) wakkwkakkwkakwkkaaaaaaaaaa

Twofivesix256 said...

iya ba laling... sia tinguk org sabah ni staring sikit dalam ni hal. Cuba pegi kl, kana libas saja tu manusia *Lols, as far as I could remember laaa...hehehehe. Bah dear, tinguk2 jua tu zebra ahhh...hehehehe

ulal said...

/me lobih suka ninguk kaum hawa baini wakwak