Statcounter

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Dad, I Can Pass Through That!

This is a childhood experience that I always treasure. I MUST write it down before I forget the details, even if I’m quite sure there’s no way I can forget it. It was a small incident. I remember, my dad, my sister, my first brother and I, went back from church one Sunday. I was only in my primary school. Maybe 9 years old. (Yes, my long term memories are good. Just slack on the short term. *Lols)
I remember that my dad said the key was left inside the house. There was no way we could get inside the house that time. No way at all. My dad tried all he could to break any part of the door but it didn’t work because the door was too tough. (Yeah, security gets back at the owner. *giggles). So the 3 of us just stood there watching my dad. We were only little kids that time so we didn’t have much to say. I remember that we were standing at back door of the house and since the door was made on the extension of the house, so it was made quite rougly. I saw a triangular hole at the top, between the door and the ceiling. It was small and it was high. No one could have ever thought anything to do with the hole. But I already saw the possibility. I just stood there and waited for my dad to find out that he had no way out to the problem (yeah, to get in the house!) I was afraid that my idea was too silly, it stopped me from saying it. Remember I was only a small kid that time. I am not like right now, vocal and all. Okay? Hahahaha. Then when I saw that look in my dad’s face that, “Man, there’s no way we can get inside the house, this way”... So I popped out my idea.
“Look at that hole up there. I think I can fit and pass through it.” My dad didn’t buy it at first. It was too small for anybody to fit through. But I don’t know why I thought I could pass through that hole. I knew I could! I said to my dad, “I think I can. Just let me step on something that high so I could climb.” So maybe because my dad saw my determination, he lifted me high enough so I could climb up to the hole and yeah, the hole was actually small and the shape was not even. I had to squeeze my body right if I wanted to pass through it. I almost thought I couldn’t do it but my gut feeling said otherwise. And you guys guess what happened?
YES, I COULD PASS THROUGH it and in the next 2 minutes, I was inside the house already. Because of that, I got to open the door for them from inside. Why this experience is meaningful to me? Because it showed me something about myself and this life.
1. I have that strength inside me. I have good judgment and if my logic can tell me that I can do something, that means my logic is already incorporating with the abilities of my being, that YES, I CAN DO IT. I always adore that small girl I was. That 9 year-old kid was the original me that my parents shaped. I seriously wish that part of the kid is still inside of me.
2. The door locked from inside is like a problem in this life. Yes, sometimes we find a dead end to our problems. Can we open our eyes to look for opportunities during our stressful moments? Don’t panic but look around. There must be at least a small tiny opportunity that we can use to beat the hell out of our problems. The small hole that I could see was almost an ignored option but because of my determination, I just gave it a try. Let’s say if I couldn’t fit, I would back out and try something else. But luckily, I went through it because I MADE THE EFFORT.
My conclusion: Age give us wisdom. If I could do something smart when I was that small, imagine now when I am this big. There’s no problem without solution and if you feel that you’re really lost... Try God. “God will make a way, when there seems to be no way. He works in ways we cannot see, he will make a way for me...” (That song will make you understand)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, i was wondering..before u squeezed thru the hole,u were hoisted up high by ur dad.. how did u managed to get down the other side?was there a great thud when u landed on the floor? Hehe.

Twofivesix256 said...

Actually, the door was made quite funny by my dad. Once I got myself through the hole, I have a wood to step on, halfway to the floor. My dad purposely nailed the wood on the door before and maybe it was one of the reasons why we knew it was possible for a little kid like me to do it "safely". The biggest problem was How to get in, when a small hole was all we got. I made it! *giggles. Thanks for the comment sis.