Statcounter

Sunday, January 1, 2012

Something About Her Life...



There’s always something good when we look at other people’s lives that we thought are better that ours. There’s something to envy, there’s something to go Wow about, there’s something to admire and there’s something good to speak about it to other people. Sometimes it’s so easily to get too consumed with that admiration that every time that happens, you push your level down 1 step, and then another and then another. I can easily make my bestfriend the example. Her life is undeniably The Best amongst us best buddies, evaluated using the standard guidelines that most of us use. She does so well in her profession, she achieves the level of professional, she has a stable and steady married life, she is doing her role as a daughter, as a friend, and as a worker , as a mother and as a wife – very good because she is particular about everything in her life. She won’t let any of the important things in her life left unattended. Recently she ventured into business and again, she made it. Just in a few months, the business is booming unexpectedly. What can I say?

I am surprised too that I could list all those in details. I never really put them into words before. I just know that her life is great. But after listing them all, again I am reminded that YES, without a doubt, her life IS great!! Only last week that we sat together at one table, chit-chatting like we were still back in college. The connection between us doesn’t change at all. Just, sat right there was her, whose life much greater than mine. *LOLS. Suddenly I felt ticklish pinpointing that again. Hehehe. You know why? It’s because how I made my words sound, it just doesn’t go along with what I feel. I just don’t know why, I think it must be something other than Ego, that made me think that I still can’t envy it “that way”. What I really feel is I’m glad and thankful to know that my bestfriend has reached the life that she wants. Yeah, she deserves it. She’s been working hard for it and now it’s time to harvest fruit from the labour.

The reason why I don’t feel envious is because I think it’s not fair to make me feel down about my own life while appreciating other’s. And I can’t do it when I pick this way, and it happens, and then I nag about the outcome of my own choice. NO. It’s not possible. This is it for me. I pick this way, and this way doesn’t look like a castle but it does have those “fairytale moments” that people won’t see unless they become me. Because of this, I might feel so small when I’m out with my bestfriend, but again, I don’t feel that way. Other than the fact, she doesn’t wear “My Life Is Better Than Hers” on her forehead, I honestly think I am equally grateful with my own life. Maybe my life is not that bad at all in their eyes too. Oh by the way, I should reveal this. My bestfriend just wrote a note to me yesterday. And it reads, “YOU ARE ALWAYS MY INSPIRATION.”

I put my hands together, saying my thankfulness to Lord above, most importantly is not because of giving me this life, but more about having the SENSES to realize and acknowledge how things work around here. Not everyone that has this life can see it that way. I’ve been through millions of miles in mind journey to be able to see things this way and I am NOT gonna waste any of this. Instead, I am gonna use this as my weapon and armour, to make me stronger and wiser - to improve my life. Again, I declare that our LIFE is not A RACE of speed. We are in our own individual track, where it’s totally our choice when and how long to walk, run and even pause and just sit there watching time slips. So it’s not about who finish the race first, but how worthwhile you make the journey towards the end of the line.

My friends, never let others hold you back. No one is leaving you behind. You are on your own race. If you become someone much better than before, that’s the way to go. Don’t worry about those who is moving so fast, never take their own life and put it into yours cos you have your own unique purpose in this life. So don’t be surprised that when you are busy admiring someone else’s life, someone else is busy admiring your life. IT’S A FAIR GAME. Against all the obstacles and temptations that will come your way this year, BE THE VICTOR, beat them all. We can do it. Best of luck, scream inside your heart, you are not gonna hold that warrior in you. It’s time to leash the warrior in you. Be a fighter. 2012 is a victorious year for us. Go make it happen. :) 



My new shoes for New Year...hehe

No comments: