Statcounter

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Quick Coffee Time With Me


It's been a while since I shared my cooking session with you guys. *giggles. Okay, I hope I don't trick anyone to actually go here just to find out that what I want to share is my quick tea-time just now. Hehehe. Lets just name it my Fried Beefball Springrolls.  I seldom have the time to really cook for teatime but since today I spend another day at home, so it's my chance. You can make this meal in 45 minutes the most, that's including cleaning all the mess and leave the kitchen clean (hehe) and even the chili dipping sauce and OF COURSE the favourite drink (which in my case, is coffee...hehe)


I prepared 1/4 big pack of mix vegetables, 10 beefballs that I cut into small pieces; 1 ball maybe up to 8 small pieces (You can get frozen beefballs in the supermarket), of course some garlic and red onion for some nice smell and taste of your springroll filling.

What you do next is prepare the filling of the springrolls. Fry the garlic and red onion on the pan and wait until it starts to smell good and turns a little brownie, then put the beefballs. Fry them a little bit before you put some flavour. I used a spoonful of Maggie Oyster Sauce which gives enough taste without additional salt, sugar, ajinomoto etc. Mix them together for a few minutes and it's done.


Put the filling at a quantity good enough for you to fold the springroll nicely. I put just a little cos I can fold it easily and neatly. You may wet the springroll with some water if it gets too dry when you work with it cos it might crack if it's too dry. When you are doing this process, make sure you are ready with your pan with a good amount of oil to fry and it should be ready to cook by the time you finish folding your springroll.


After you fold one, immediate put in the hot oil and fry it. The fire can't be big cos you want it to take a little time to get brown and cooked. Or else it gets dark before it even cook properly. As you work on the next one, you must turn your frying springroll to get it cooked evenly. When you see the colour turns to brown, it's time to take it away from the pan and toss the excessive oil. It must be easier if you have 2 people doing it so the other one can do the folding and the other one can do the frying. It's not advisable to fold them all first before you fry.

Aha... OOps... hehehe. As you can see, this is it about preparing meal that you know you are not gonna sell cos if I were gonna sell these springrolls, I will fold them evenly and not like as you can see in the picture. *LOLS

So here are the Fried Beefball Springrolls, ready to serve. Oh, one more thing, springrolls are good to go with chili sauce. This is how I did the chili sauce. I put a few spoons of Life Chili Sauce, and just a little spoon of Heinz Chili Paste (just to make it extra hot and has some mixture of garlic taste), mix them together, put a little water, heat them in the pan without oil, and put some corn flour to make the sauce a little thick and not too runny.

Finally, this is the result. As you can see at the table, I have prepared half jug of my tasty Nescafe, (what makes it tastier is when you put some creamer and some milk into it, no need to add more sugar). So as you can see, it's not just easy to prepare, it's fast and it looks delicious. In a year, all my late afternoons are spent at the office, so only during offdays that I have the chance, so I treasure this chance today to prepare this for teatime. (I beg your pardon, maybe I should call it coffeetime instead...Hahaha). This meal that I prepared just now was enough for 4 people. So just in case you are running out of ideas of what to cook for teatime, something express and filling, you might fancy this.

Cheers! :))

NOTE: I don't have a segment for Picture of The Day in this post since it already has all the pictures that I just took earlier. Hehe :PP

No comments: