Statcounter

Sunday, January 8, 2012

When You and Loneliness Are In The Same Room…


 Don’t you guys feel a bit weird thinking that when we are so much surrounded by people, making their kind of noise, telling you that definitely you aren’t alone, and the next thing, you complain about feeling lonely?

I can’t deny that I feel this way sometimes. There’s a tiny feeling of “emptiness” that suddenly sets in, but I seldom admit that it’s called loneliness. I think that it’s not fair to admit to be lonely when around us are people that we love and care. Why do we still feel lonely?

Yeah, and sometimes we deal with it using many kinds of ways. We indulge in activities that play as a therapy to FILL that empty space. For example, food therapy. Munching on all the “sinful” food to feel full, but just a temporary relief. There’s something missing, that no amount of carbs or sugary foods can even make up for it. Been there before?

I am not here to tell you ways to curb loneliness, if you Google it, you will find all the links that tell you to mix with more people, to socialize more, to connect with friends and all those stuff. No, I am talking about the kind of loneliness that exists in the people who have pretty much everything in their lives, but still feeding to the feeling of emptiness for the reason they can’t explain. Maybe it’s a mix of feelings, from frustrations, from rejections, from pastime failures, that suddenly create this gloomy atmosphere that you suddenly feel “so alone” and left out.

You know what, this might sound a little egocentric. But I always believe that we are SO special, with all the ability to sail where we want the ship to go. I believe that when we have almost everything in our lives, especially when we have our family and loved ones, we have a job that we like, we have friends that we can call and hang out, we almost have it all. You have NO RIGHTS to feel lonely. That’s what I mean. You don’t go and create that empty space “just because everyone is talking about loneliness, why shouldn’t I” – You better be kidding.

Lets do this. Whenever we start to feel that loneliness, NO, STOP IT. No way it gonna consume us. Let it not be longer than a few minutes. That’s what I do. When I’m in high time, I will tell myself how much I have in this life. Day to day I will do that. I pray to God everyday for all those things that I have in my life. So the more I think about it, the more I remember. Whenever I feel insufficient for some reason, which will occasionally happen, I will recall back all my blessing, and feel whole again. Cos if you let the feeling to dwell longer, it’s that long that you gonna waste your goodself. You don’t deserve to feel like you are still at the bottom when you have actually reached a height. You can’t let down all the people who look up to you and get inspired by you. Remember that, that Loneliness is just a make believe. Believe it :)
No more loneliness, no more teary eyes, no more silent hours full of self pity, No more… :)

You guys know what, everytime I am facing difficult emotional situations and react in a stupid way, I always shout to myself, “SHAME ON YOU”. You believe it or not, after all the sharing I did in this blog alone, I feel like the world is laughing at me. If I can’t beat my own temporary emotional ordeal, then who is that person who writes this blog. She and I couldn’t be the same person. The blog writer is someone who is strong and sensible with her mind and action, she doesn’t look like someone who will let loneliness overtake her. And so, I am thankful, this will always bring me “back”. I have a number of people who told me how much I inspire them. I can’t let them down. 

No more lonely days, you blessed people :)

Picture of the day
These are among the rewards for me if I lose weight. Hahahaha. I bought these pants, which come in different colour, styles and cuttings, they are all nice, and I can only wear them if I lose some weight. *giggles. Pssts...I have more or less 10 more pairs not shown in this picture. Whatta motivation. Hahahahaha.

No comments: