Statcounter

Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Matchmaker Don't-Wannabe


First, I know I am already late because I was on the phone until a few minutes ago, which was already past 12 midnite. So I have to at least make it before I hit the record of being 3 hours late. Forgive me for my tardiness, ladies and gents. Hehe. 

Last year, I have guyfriends who brought up the topic of asking me to find them someone to date. These guys who said that to me, giving me the idea that they came to me for the task because they thought I should know someone who they can date. But another interesting thought is that they might think that I pretty much be in the range of gal that they can date, for example, maybe they want to date Kadazan girl, so since I am a Kadazan, maybe I can easily find one for them to consider dating. Hahaha. Gosh, the idea was funny to begin with. Yeah, can I just grab any Kadazan gal and present it to you like a Barbie doll? It’s ridiculous.

I tried it once on my friend. This guy was one eligible bachelor. From the descriptions, anyone would definitely find him viable to date. To gals, the highlights are on the job, the looks and some clue about the attitudes. If I hit my testimony right, I can just get the gals jumping to get that chance to get matched. Hahahaha. Maybe, for anyone who does this job, their reputation does count. If they are known as people with dedicated views, whatever their opinion on another person really does matter. It gives pretty much the impression that the person they are suggesting are shortlisted candidate if you know what I mean. Hahaha. Okay, what I did was, I told my friend about this guy and like expected, she was so interested! But then, deep inside of me, I was concerned if the guy might find the girl “too simple” because she is not the type who grooms. I might do a good job for introducing the guy to the girl, but what if the guy thinks my choice was not up to his standard. I just stopped halfway, when I saw that excitement in the gal’s face, I became more concern that this won’t work out and it gonna break her heart. My extra knowledge on the guy’s preferences was that, he did say that he admires things about me and that’s why he just thought maybe I have a friend that he can date. I was thinking, What if the guy put me as a benchmark, that whoever that I intro to him, should be someone like me, or better. They might certainly like my blog and appreciate my writing talent, but don’t assume that my friends are all like me. Don’t assume that my friends gonna be as friendly and as jovial as I have been to them. That’s why, any attempt of trying to make me a matchmaker, I responded this figurative statement. “Before that, you must understand that not all of my friends have red hair”. I hope they do get the clue. Hehe. I also did another attempt to match another gal with the same guy, to initiate the thought that they can try and hang out some times. I know the guy likes smart gals. I remember that I was impressed by this gal for having brain and thought that the guy might think the same, yeah, he did think the same but he did not want to date her. When I tried to be a persistent, asking him to reconsider, he just snapped at me and said, Picking a lifemate is not like going to the market where people can ask you to buy any vegetable and you can simply buy. Oh man, I did it quite bad, didn’t I. Hahahaha.

I consider that instead of A Matchmaker Wannabe, I rather be called A Matchmaker Don’t-Wannabe. So much for the knowledge and empathy to understand and read people’s minds, I still think I can’t do this job.. Sthing that I learn from all this is that…Attraction doesn’t translate itself in words. You must experience it and feel it how your body reacts when the object of attraction is there. When they say they want a brainy gal, and you present them exactly that, they refuse, because they want her to not just be brainy, but all the other things which makes her intelligence is just a bonus. You picky people, please self appoint yourself to be your own Matchmaker. Others can never do it for you. Trust in yourself, you can do it!

(*LOLS)

NOTE: Whatta note from a failed matchmaker. Ok don’t laugh. Hahahaha. 

Picture Of The Day


Not sure where my sis bought this choc cake, but I was the one who finished it. As much as I tried to deny that I am not a choc lover, I still think choc cakes taste the best so I just can't help. Hehehe

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I own you.. and you own me (",)

Twofivesix256 said...

Hahahaha, what's that face :PPP