Statcounter

Friday, June 5, 2009

“Charming Is Something Like You”

Today, I find out something, very simple but meaningful. I may not plan this. I always follow what I think is “what’s the best to be next”. When I get to know new friends every now and then, I have to accept the fact that I might not get along so well with each of them. It’s the same with them. They might find out that Hey, Twofivesix[256] isn’t that interesting anyway. (Errkksss!! *Lols). So maybe among the friendship that you have with a few people, only one or two are in the shortlist to be someone who you can get along very well. Today, I give one of my guyfriends this compliment.

“Today I realize that not everyone is that charming.”

And he asked me back.

“What do you mean by charming? Can you explain?”

“Charming Is Something Like You.”

And I didn’t know what could his reaction be next because he was in the middle of doing some work.

He might think, Ah, Twofivesix[256] is kidding again.

I have no power to make him believe that I actually mean that compliment.

You might see me as someone who always jokes and flirts around…but I do have the sincere bone inside me. I feel the need to give him the compliment because I really appreciate the few friends who really make me feel that “I don’t really mind not having a lot of friends, as long as the few that I have are like you.”

What is the criteria to be classified as CHARMING guyfriend (by me, yours truly. *giggles)

1.No matter in what situation you are, you can manage to make your friend feel good and lend your ears when she needs it.

2.You know how to make her feel appreciated – and respect her as a female by the way you respond to her, and the words that you say so that you won’t hurt her.

3.You don’t only listen, but you always play your part by giving your point of views in the topic that she starts so that she knows that you appreciate her as much as she appreciates you by trying to speak “her kind of thing” and not always, “my thing, me, me and me.”

4.You know when to make her feel “Yes, I’m indeed his treasured friend” because you would share your moments of happiness, moments of stress, as well as moments of grudges – Yes, you can make her feel that you don’t always have to be the Mr.Nice in front of her, that yes, you can be just the person you are and hoping that she finds the way to cope with it.

I only will list 4 because I will save the rest. The criteria aren’t there from the start. Until I find someone that makes me think the word Charming is best to suit him, then only I can come up with the type of criteria because he sets the standard.

Surprisingly, all this appreciation can come along with the word “friendship”. It’s not always about crush and “have a thing for someone”, it’s just pure friendship in my case. I learn from my life that the more I appreciate people, the better the progression is for me. Because this is what being human being is all about. It’s being part of the community, play your part and find some friends along the way, who really make you feel that Wow, this life is full with wonderful people. And you don’t find them often, actually.

So, should you doubt when I say that you’re charming? I think there’s no way I can make people understand. Like some people can’t make me understand if I were in the place of the “treasured friend” and they are trying to make me understand. I think that something like this is never meant to be perfectly understood by others. It’s only you and you alone who know that you really appreciate some friends for their own qualities. The most I can do is give sincere compliments like that so that my friends know that I do appreciate them.

Ya ba, you’re charming ba. I mean it,

*giggles.

No comments: