Statcounter

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Facebook Timeline Will Reveal Your Past. What??



What could a social network feature do to accidentally trying to threaten you? The answer is it might bring back the memories that you thought have disappeared! And yes they were gone for quite some times and guess what, you thought you have ditched the pieces of memories in the form of pictures, letters and others, BUT…little did you notice that Facebook has a piece of those memories too and it GONNA bring it back to your view, at least! Whattt???

Okay, sounds like you have a way out to hide them from public view since you have 7 days to clean it up before they really go out to public by default, but this isn’t just about them. It’s about you having to reread back and recall back the memories that you might not want to remember. Back in the days when you were exchanging love notes with a person, who today, is not even in the picture anymore. And not just that, what about the notes that you have once written to the people whom you don’t want to have memories of. They also would have to recall their memories with you, and I bet they would not fancy that too. So now you get the idea why some people are not that excited about this Facebook Timeline?


I am one of them who have not yet voluntary changed mine to Timeline version. I have visited a few of my friends’ profiles that are using Timelines. My first impression was, it was a bit messy, here and there and I was not used to it. When we look at the normal wall, it’s just you going down to see the previous posts, but in Timeline, it’s like a newspaper columns, that I just didn’t know where to read first. It look kinda mixed up and I have to spend more time looking at the date to know when it was written. I have to spend more time looking for stuff since it has to load everything in one page, at once, so when it pops out, it was like, Whoaaa…where should I start? I imagine those who are using smaller monitor might need to browse down even more. It gonna be even tedious. And now, you tell me it’s not the worst thing about Timelines? Hahahaha. Oh My.


I didn’t think that the years at the side really anything anyone would care enough for until I read the new yesterday when they highlight about how Facebook gonna reveal our past through that!! Well, not that it concerned me that much since I was with Facebook only in 2010. I might have some pasts that Facebook recorded that I don’t want to care or remember, I mean, but not that much compared to people who have been revealing everything in their lives so transparently. I must be prepare to giggle and get embarrassed reading the old stuff that I wrote on the wall, those days when my Fb friends teased me about “making noise daily” because they saw me as this person who “talked a lot” and “have everything in the world to talk about”. How Dare You. *LOLS.


Anyway, I told someone about this last nite, since he did not know much about the Timeline too and he was so upset because it’s just giving us “more works” and more time to spend HIDING AND DELETING the old stuff. He said, “Why don’t they just leave those things where they are!” Yeah, somehow, I understand. He even thought that he might deactivate his Fb account rather than to deal with “that craziness”. Aha yeah, I get that too. I had that “lil evil thought” too before. I thought that if Facebook is getting out of control, then I might just deactivate. Erks.


For now, I will try to deal with it as much as I can and adapt with the changes and hopefully things go well. I don’t want another headache, not from Facebook. But I do love the daily sharing in Facebook. I do wish to still be able to keep that in my life. Anyway, Mark Zuckerberg. What ever you are thinking, hope you do the right thing. You started the fire and the fire just gets bigger. You can’t just ignore those whose life affected by that fire. (That Fire is Facebook. *LOLS) Hope for the best!!

Picture Of The Day 
I've talked about this hangout before. Me and my 3 bestest buddies. You guys saw the picture of 4 drinks on a table before, if you can recall that. This one was taken before that, at a different eatery. Oh man, poor the lamb on my plate. *LOLS

2 comments:

Adriel D.K said...

I think the new timeline layout is more suitable being seen on a mobile or tablet.

Since majority facebook users logon from their mobile now days. Yes including myself, then again there are some problem I notice at the moment.

The purpose of this layout is to understand one person from the day he used Facebook, showing how his lifestyle, how he grew up till present time. But since ALMOST EVERYONE who started from beta time was already in their early 20's. You will not see it properly lol

Sometimes you found some old picture of yourself back in school. Post it on facebook and it shows 2012 pictures. Plus I can't see anything from 2006 too. I guess it is still on beta trial.

So at the moment nothing seems to work, I guess it will take some time before they can load back all the history from their database to every users.

Twofivesix256 said...

Okay, that clears a lot of things. So there's really nothing much to panic about...hehehe...Thanks for the info, Baboon.