Statcounter

Friday, January 6, 2012

Can’t Lose Them This Way, Not Like This

Can I just assume that sometimes our ego gets the better of us. We keep a little grudge and refuse to show it, refuse to even admit it. Or you might ask me back, Grudge? What grudge? Heck, you don’t even admit that something is there, something that is causing you heartache, but you will never agree to it in a million years. How can anyone help to ease the pain away?

Look… I’ve been there. There’s something that someone does, someone that you can rely on, someone that you’ve have so much trust on, someone who has proven his worth to you – and after everything, all the person needs to do is just mistakenly trip a step and it hurt your guts. Just one single mistake that the person does, without a bit of intention, has managed to wound your heart but not in the way that you can easily define. Something hurts you, maybe you feel betrayed or that you’ve been failed, but it’s just deep in the valley, way way beyond words. Maybe because of your nature to keep things to yourself or you think it’s better left unsaid. Either way, but you are on the way of losing someone from your life. Are you sure you want to continue??
 
I am speaking about a kind of weird scenario that happened between you and a friend. Not just any friend. Usually only a special friend that has a special place in your heart that can cause this. I still remember feeling this way towards my bestfriend, when we were still back in college. We were roommates of two and she used to really look up to me when we first became friends. Then when we got closer, things didn’t look neat all the time. We did have disagreements sometimes. I guess that we could never avoid that. We are humans living amongs humans, and not angels. We will hurt each other with or without us knowing. 

I still remember that I always booked a seat for her because she was in a different class but we sometimes combined during one subject session. Knowing that I always arrived first, I must book a seat for her. One day, a mistake happen that she was not aware that she mistakenly told another girl that the seat that I booked for myself was not taken so the gal took the seat. When I came, I was so shocked that I got no seat. I was so mad, but it was a misunderstanding, and she thought I already have a seat. Silly right? I remember she was a bit mix up because of the discussion that she had from the previous session and she did not put much thought into the seat, and it pissed me off. Especially when I knew I’ve been booking seat for her without her having to remind me and that was what she did to me. She was shocked that she did a mistake. The thing that I was really made about was, the gal that became the victim. She was innocent. Because of my bestfriend’s mistake, she had to give the seat to me and took a different chair and sat at an awkward position in the class and I saw that embarrassed face on her when some guys laughed at her for sitting at the corner. My heart was so in pain to see what my bestfriend’s stupid mistake had caused that gal. But it’s strange that my bestfriend didn’t get to know that I was having such grudge. She thought it was just a mistake and “hey, lets just move on”. From there, I avoided from talking with her despite being roommates. I was pissed for days and everytime I remember the part when she just gave away my seat to the poor gal after so many times I booked seat for her, garsh the feeling was tearing me apart. But I just couldn’t work it out or settle it. I kept grudges instead. Sounds familiar?

Come to think about it, o man, she’s my bestfriend. Was it worth it to lose her for a single mistake? When I thought of it again, she was so clueless about the seat that time. She got all mix up. No matter what my reason was, it could be as simple as an unintended mistake from her. And if I cared to bring up about how embarrassed she caused the gal, heck, couldn’t it be that I was overreacting? The gal managed to get on with it maybe I WAS really overreacting. I was glad that it didn’t prolonged. We finally talked because my bestfriend, Oh man, my besfriend isn’t just any girl. It was because she was really special that she becomes my bestfriend in the first place. I c an’t abandon her over a mistake. Not this way. Not like that. Would I want to be abandoned by someone I love and care because of some unintended mistake like that? Is that all your value is, to just be dumped for a mistake, no matter how kind and sweet things you have done in the past? It’s not fair right? THEN DON’T DO IT.

End your unsaid grudge today, especially when the person involved is a friend so dear to you. In the era where virtues don’t take much space among humans, we must stand for a few good things that we have. WE CAN’T LOSE OUR BUDDIES LIKE THAT, NOT THAT WAY, NOT LIKE THIS. Please. Stop getting hurt. FORGIVE them. FORGIVE thou. Free your grudge. Free it. Be a happy person again. Try do it now. Please.Pleaseee.

Thank you...:)
Picture Of The Day
These are the very delicious cupcakes my parents bought during their vacation to Philippines last November. They didn't taste like the normal cakes at all, not sure if they have a better name. They were in large "bowl" instead of a normal cup as u can see. The purple one was Yam flavour...emmm...tasted so good. I think the other one must be Vanilla. If you happen to go to Philippines, maybe you can look for a shop by the name of Red Ribbon cos the wrapper has that name. I bet the shop must be specialize in good pastries like that. Hehehe. I took the pic after having a few bites. Yum yumm...hehehe

No comments: