Statcounter

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

OnLine & OffLine Characters: Are Yours Different?

Are you still the same person online and offline?

Are you sure your online friends can read your real characters?

For us who are involved in cyberworld, making more friends from various places through chatrooms and social online networking like Facebook, have you ever thought for a second if your real characters can really come out while you’re socializing online? I mean, how well can you express yourself for your online friends to really read your real characters?

I don’t know about you, but for the few people who I have the chance to know more than just online chatting, some people really suck in presenting themselves online. They appear to be boring, harsh and even “uncivilized” online when their real characters are very different from that. Some of then fail to appear intellectual when they are actually quite brainy. I don’t know what these people have in mind. Do they do it on purpose, or what? They better be doing that on purpose. Cos it’s not really a cool thing if you mistakenly make people misread you, just because you can’t bring yourself well in the online world.

I make my little research whenever I get to know an online friend a little bit more than just in cyberworld. Maybe because I notice about the difference between online and offline characters in some people, so I have put my little aim. My aim is that – I want people to get my real characters while they are socializing with me online. I think that’s the best way for me since that I am using a concept of separating online and offline world. With this concept, it’s so unfair for my online friends when they are making friends with me here, and less chances to bring the friendship to reality, and still I fake my characters. I think that it’s a total waste of time for me if everything is just FAKE. So, it doesn’t matter about my internet-identity concept, just as long as I play some honesty. So, how does it fare so far?

So far, memang ada yang character dorang sangat berbeza. Dorang nampak boring kalau di chatroom. But when I get on the phone with them, suddenly they become a totally different person. I mean, maybe that’s all online world can to us, right? Like there’s no way we can express ourselves so much. Can I object that? I don’t know why, but for me, I don’t have problems expressing myself from my writings. I insist that I can make people read my true characters.

I don’t know if I have succeeded in doing that, so far. I mean, I never put it too hard on myself. I just bring myself the most comfortable I know. And from my own evaluation, my characters are the same hyper [256]. Anyway, the first chatter who got to speak to me offline, thought otherwise.

He said, “[256], I can’t feel you when I chat with you. Until I hear your voice for the first time on the phone, then only I started to feel you.”

Ouch?! True meh? I think we should ask my bro Jojon if that’s true or not. For me, I am among those who can express our true characters quite well. Erks…Okay, let me rethink my statement. I will give the verdict at the end of this post. *giggles.

Jojon a.k.a Ulal is one of them. He’s totally good in expressing himself. He’s as charming as he is. (/me saja2 mau kipas my big bro (shss…mau minta spend baitu… *Lols). He laughs as much as he would type it. I totally salute my big bro for this. He doesn’t mind for us to read him cos he’s carefree and he has a positive mind. He’s just being himself and that makes him likeable and I feel good when my bro is around. What more can we ask for, right? If we can find friends who can make us feel good, and we enjoy their company, they make us laugh – I think that’s the best that we can expect from cyberworld, Yeahh…whether or not it’s true characters.

I also know another friend who looks so masculine when he’s online. But when I got on the phone with him, he’s already ‘something else”. The voice alone is almost girly and nothing that I can relate with masculinity. Hahahahaahahahahaha. It put me in shock for a few minutes because it was a poor match of online and offline characters.

Kennedy is another example of those who can’t match their online and offline characters. *Lols. (/me capat2 tapuk sebelum kana kubit. Hahahaahahaha). Nevermind. He knows it already. When he’s online, the impression that I have on him was so different. He uses the different kind of words that you would want to take more seriously than you would when you saw him online. What can I say? Maybe people don’t do it purposely. But I think if you have to pick, you would rather be charming when you’re offline. At least that’s the charm that you can offer to people in reality.

Okay, WHAT ABOUT ME??? Emm… Okay, delete everything that I have said earlier on about me being good in expressing my true characters online. Actually…who I am in chatrooms are not so much my true characters. I am NOT THAT NASTY in real world. Hahahahahaha. Do you know that I got warned by an op because of my adult language in public channel? It gives people the impression that this [256] is SuperNasty. I AM NOT! Hahahahaha. It’s just my fingers. I write everything I won’t say or do. So it’s really the fun version of myself that you can find in chatrooms. Unfortunately, I don’t chat so much lately. It’s true in SMS. If you guys get in SMS with me, it’s still the same chatroom language that I use. I’m still nasty. Hahahahahaha. But IN PERSON…I AM NOT.

The only thing that I can express well is about me being hyper in words. I talk a lot in real life. I also think a lot and I write a lot. Who I am on the phone is something closer to my true self. Heheheheehhehe. You will know how much I laugh, how much I talk and HOW I talk. It’s not nasty at all. So gudgirl one baa… *Lols. (Jon, tulung sukung sista kau ni ahhh…nanti me blanja… *Lols)

Okay, the conclusion is…It doesn’t matter if people can read you or not. As long as you’re enjoying yourself and people are enjoying your company, let it be part of the process of friendship when they learn little by little about you and find out themselves if you’re the same person who appears to be when you’re online and offline. Because we are here in the cyberworld not really for the purpose of making people read our real characters. We are here because we want to have fun, we want to kill boredom. So let it be the thrill for our online friends to find out our true characters. How about that?

*Grinzzzz…

Hehehehehehe. Happy Tuesday everyone!

Note: One thing for sure is, my BLOG is VERY CLOSE to my real personality. I can't be more honest than that. :)

2 comments:

AngeL BeaR said...

dingobee is real!!! hahahahahahaha...mau just tumpang bah~ kwahkwhakwhakwa~

Twofivesix256 said...

Hahahahaahahahhaaha...yes bebehh...you're as real as can be... *grinzzzz...hahahaaha