Statcounter

Friday, November 13, 2009

Does It Need To Be Sincere?

I have this funny feeling earlier today. This customer of mine was showing a lot of interest to do me a favour. She wanted to do free marketing for me, in line with her next special event. I mean, considering that she has her own stuff to take care of, I couldn’t help but be skeptical about her idea. I mean, what is it all about actually? What could she gain from this?

While I was continuing my work, my fingers were moving fast, but my mind was even faster. I was trying to find the reason WHY she has that in mind, and how could this possibly benefit her? Actually, I could save my time thinking, IF I can just assume that maybe SHE’S JUST BEING SINCERE. I recall that my relationship with her is more than just business. She has shared with me even her private life. I mean, this could easily be the reason why she wants to help out without gaining anything.

This crazy mind of mine still refuse to accept this as pure SINCERITY. I thought that human beings can be nice, but they are never too nice without hidden agenda. I don’t know. I’m worried a bit because I am actually still naïve. I don’t know much about this life and the evil things people can do. I’m still learning. I hate how my mind is polluted with the bad things going around me. I hate to refuse believing that pure good things still exist.

I mean, EVEN IF…Yes, she has a hidden agenda, but it’s clear that I am going to benefit from this, anyway. I can just tap from this opportunity and gain as much as I can, without making it difficult. I can just rest my mind and go with the flow. Hey, she’s trying to help me, why the fuss? Even if she has her own agenda, So What? It doesn’t mean that she has to bring me down in order to gain something from helping me. I mean, Helping Me!? Sounds like I have A LOT to gain. Suddenly I’m wondering why I start this topic in the first place. Isn’t it silly?

At the end of the day, if everyone gains something, Does it matter if this is sincere or not? Try this. What if people are being sincere all the way, but everybody gets nothing but just the soft nice feeling of appreciation that, “Yeah, she’s sincere. How noble.” So why does I make it sound like a “world issue” whether or not she’s sincere about helping me?

I don’t know. And I don’t want to think more about this. This is messing with my brain. Maybe I can choose to be silent and just enjoy the show. I only need to know my steps, if I have a hunch that something is going wrong, then I do something to not get dragged too far in it. Other than that, maybe I don’t have to care that much, whether or not people are sincere towards me. Maybe it doesn’t matter if it’s sincere or not. Cos one thing for sure, people will only do something if it brings something good to them.

But, whether or not it’s sincere…ERKS…

Suddenly I notice that Sincere Or Not --- is not even a right question to ask.

Note: LesS Is More --- Think Less, Gain More. Keep it Simple. End of story.

No comments: