Statcounter

Friday, November 6, 2009

Are Customers The Real Boss?

w Ada this one customer who came yesterday. A tall guy. Quite good looking juga. But the job was done shortly after. Actually he first came months before and even cerita2 with me pasal his family business. But maybe he thought I didn’t remember, so he acted as if it was the first time he came. Sometimes I have to pretend to not remember because I don’t want to continue talking from where we left. Like my friends said, sometimes I am just too friendly. This friendliness is bothersome and sometimes ends me up in trouble. I must get straight to business.

Just now, he comes in again for the third time. “Yes? Any problem from yesterday?”, I asked. He said he wanted something else. So it was a relief that he didn’t come to tell me that I made a mistake. I hate it when my customers come back just to tell me I made a mistake. Anyway, this time, it was kinda irritating a bit. Because he started to ask me personal questions. “What should I call you?” This guy is younger than I am. It’s obvious. He looks younger, a bit immature – You can tell from the way he talks. But still, decent for someone his age.

I think it’s not important what to call me. He comes as a customer and gets the product or service that he wants. That’s what customers do. Yes, maybe Customers Always Right, or Customers Are The Real Boss – Fine. I will live with that. But only when it comes to matters concerning business. Being a customer doesn’t give you the right to get in someone else’s private. No no.

“Are you married?” He asked me. I considered that a joke. I laughed. “I need to know, cos if you’re married, I will call you sister, if you are not, I will call you by name.” I laughed again. “Think what you like.” I answered jokingly as I was doing some browsing with my pc. Oh man, he looked really seriously curious. “Tell ba. Are you married?” Damn it, damn it, damn it. It was starting to piss me off. Then, to add salt to the wound, he actually looked around my table and look for pictures. People usually put personal pictures on their office desk, right? Damn it. This is going too much. I don’t care what his reasons are. I think my personal life doesn’t have anything to do with whatever reason he comes there.

So after seeing that I refused to tell him anything personal, we were back into business. I said, come again after an hour. Again, he did it. “Can you give me a call? Please? Who knows I forgot right? Then you call me first, ok.?” Whoaaa… it was really pissing me off. You guys must see the look in his face. It was the kind of look that ladies like me don’t like seeing. It was some kind of signals that this thing could be a little more than just business. “Call me la ba, why not? Alaaa, call la ba.” Judging from him asking personal questions, I started to not feel good about agreeing to call. It’s like, another detail I leak if putting me in danger. *Lols. Yeah, female and their sports car mind. *Lols. (Check my post “Boys And Girls Don’t Think Alike”)

I answered him nicely. “Emmm…No need. You come 1 hour from now. Simple and easy, right. I’m sure you’ll remember.” He was a bit embarrassed. Usually, I will just offer to call my customers. But I must follow my guts too. It’s not an unbreakable rules that Customers Are The Real Boss. No. In fact, without people like me who do something for customers’ benefit, I think even customers find a dead end to their needs. In other words, we need each other. And even if the customers think they are always right because the money comes from their purse, it doesn’t give them the right to dig into people’s life just because – hey, I paid for your goods/services – I can ask anything and get answers. Damnit laaa… No Way.

I wonder. Is it because I am a female that I am exposed to situations like that? I imagine if I were a guy, would a female customer asks something about my personal life, like, Hey, are you married kah? And then if I refuse to answer, would she bug me until I say it? It’s not for the intention of being secretive actually. But it’s really not the customers business. They don’t have to know and I don’t think it hurts if I don’t tell. As simple as that.

Just stick to business la ba. Why, next I should give my identity card also ka if you ask for it? Ohh because you’re a customer so you are the boss la kunun kan? *Lols (Baahh…sudah2 la tuu 256. Hahahahahahahaaha). So after an hour, he came again to pick up his stuff. He asked for my namecard. I pura2 cari2 my namecard di wallet. "Alah sudah habis la. Sorry." Adakah sampai dia mau tanya sia stay with sepa, and where I stay? Purlesseee laaa... Biarlah lose satu customer macam ni. Paning sia mau layan. Enuff is enuff!

NOTE: Jangan dibiar tu 256 membebel, sampai bisuk tu karang. Hahahaahahahahhaa. Erkss…self talking again. Hahahahaha.

1 comment:

ulal said...

biasa labaitu kalo kaum adam punya gaya ni macam2 jak ada kalo mo tekel menekel ni hehehe... suba kunu kalo ada mandak nanya sia sdah kawin kah bulum.. truss sia jawab camni "mari kita p kawin" nahhhh siap laporan wakwak