Statcounter

Monday, November 26, 2012

Who Wants To Be Skinny?




Most people have issues with weight. It's whether they think they are overweight, or underweight. Then some people have this constant struggle of trying to fix their weight. They will even put the weight scale beside their bed so they can weigh themselves first thing in the morning. Are you one of them? 

I'm Not.

A person like me will eventually have issues with weight, judging from my eating habit and food consumption. I used to be this coffee drinker for so many years. I never really thought it was harmful. Sugar, creamer, milk - they were all innocent to me. Plus, I never exercised for the intention to sweat. I was enjoying my life with the abundance of blessings around me. Little did I know that it was gonna get back to me. Predictable. Another die-hard habit was to drink sweet drinks like carbonated drinks. Cola and Pepsi were my water. I hardly drank plain water for so many years. Not at the amount that's significantly good for my body. So my weight went up the scale, after being skinny for a few years. When I bought my pc, it was the end for my skinny days. With all the other habits, you can imagine.

The thing about being Not skinny, actually some people thought it was better for women to be fleshy. Looking at the models on tv and magazines, some of them looked really good in terms of how well they can fit in any dress and lingerie. They can just walk along the runaway and not having to worry that people will be talking about their cellulite or extra fats on their thighs and stomachs. It's just so easy to like being skinny, just like them. Cos they set the standard that you need to be like them to have the confidence of a runway to appear in public. I remember back then when I was in matriculation, I was in my skinniest version, because of the distance we had to walk from our apartment to the bus stop. And the tight daily food budget too. Not a surprise that I got so skinny. I remember talking many pictures during those era. 

After a while, when my boyf that time (now my ex) saw the older pictures, he commented that I was better off Not Skinny like that. He said that I looked immature. I agreed with him finally cos my height doesn't support such little weight to give balance to my whole appearance. With my body that has more of flesh, although I thought it felt a little revealing when I wore tighter clothes, but I got some nice remarks from people. Some even highlighted and dubbed me as "Sexy". I never really put thoughts on it. So when I think that my weight escalated a bit more, I started to feel alarmed. I wanted to fit my clothes perfectly and not having to squeeze myself into them. So I start to  change my habit, from sugary drinks, to food portions, exercise routine and most importantly, I finally start drinking water. I realize that this is a mission of changing habits. Losing weight is not that hard, but it's about keeping it off for good. If your mission is all about your weight, that means you might have to stop living your life. You'll be avoiding foods you like and you will live in greater stress when you put a lot of constraint to yourself. So in the end, it will only be halfway. After all, you are just a human being. You will feel tired of trying and just QUIT. Oh, don't tell me you don't know this.

So lately I start to feel that I'm shredding pounds. Not even cutting my foods, just sugary drink. I drink as much water, and then having my daily cycling, and sweat a lot. As often as possible. I can fit my nice dresses so well, with my curves more visible. But yet I'm still not skinny. Still a long way to go to be skinny.  When I walk pass where there is a mirror reflection, I will look and examine. I saw the difference. A positive one. I wonder why would I entertain a bit of discontentment of not yet turning really skinny like before, cos I already counted that out. Oh man. I was just confused all this time. It's time to feel happy, now! Cos I already am at the right track. I've changed some unhealthy habits, I practice cautions about my surrounding that could affect my health, I'm feeling as healthy as possible. 

Speaking of not being skinny yet, Oh gosh, since when I want to be skinny? I lurve my curves and I decided that they will stay. Skinny? NO PLEASE DON'T. LOLS. Never wear the trend for your body. You'll be surprised that the trend doesn't look best on you. Love and appreciate your body, do your best and then be thankful for your sexiness. You don't have to be skinny to be beautiful. Remember that :))

No comments: