Statcounter

Monday, November 26, 2012

"A Puzzle Competition"



I remember when I was a kid, I participated in this jigsaw puzzle competition organized by a nearby supermarket. We were put in pair. My partner was this Chinese boy. We never talked a word. So when the puzzle was put on our table, imagine, how could two people worked on the same puzzle? Especially when the other one was too aggressive, and if you tried to be aggressive too, it would make it hard for the other person since you two would be fighting over the puzzle pieces and where to put the next piece. Moreover, it should be a team, right? Before I even got to start doing anything, the Chinese boy actually solved the puzzle!! Then they had a winner! The prize was a car toy, which he deserved to get, but the boy's father told the organizer that the team consisted of 2 kids, so how come there was only 1 gift? So they manage to make another gift for me! Hahahahaha. Err, but I forgot what it was. It was just as big as the toy car, but not a toy car. It was a sweet experience of winning a competition without having to do anything. Just tagging with a smart kid and got a free prize. LOLS.

So...I bring up this story again after deciding to put such topic for this post. I know that currently, I'm having a hard time trying to sort many things out. A few big plans that are still pending, waiting for me to work on them. I just couldn't find the "magic moment" to pull it off. The way I describe it, I feel like I have one foot on, and takes forever to move my other foot to get into doing it! It's really a big challenge to me. Cos these plans are gonna make good changes in my life, and I'm here still waiting for things to fall in place. It doesn't look difficult, but I just get stuck somewhere! Imagine that one of the big plans, I have been talking about it since 2 years ago. I shouldn't wait any longer, should I? So when I told this a very close person, he said that I should pray to God. Maybe the devil is making it hard for me to get going. Well, that makes sense. But deep inside of me, I have another thought.

I think that I have what it takes to just make things happen. I'm equipped with what's necessary to just go on with it. It's just that, something that's holding me back is just a bit of self dilemma, a little fear and a lot of concern that I might fail for the first few times. And the rest of the delays are just works and deadlines that I need to comply, which I couldn't say No to since they are my responsibility. So the main problem now is that...THIS IS JUST PART OF THE PUZZLE. God wants me to sort it out myself. He needs me to have this experience, of going through these challenges, with the knowledge of what kind of reward is waiting for me. Good things don't come easy, agree? So suddenly I recall back the kind of nervous that I had back then during the puzzle competition when I was a kid. It's like, God is the judge, and I'm there, working my ways solving every pieces. The judge can't help me, right? It's not how it works. He will see me making trials and mistakes, and he will let me correct it myself. What I know is when I solve the puzzle, the prize is waiting for me.

Oh man, oh man. Things always have a way to look difficult when they are actually not even hard. NOW I GET IT. The answer is to delay no more and FACE MY FEARS. Any delay is much much worse than having to have repeated trials. Yes, it's about time. Last but not least, this time I'm gonna solve this puzzle myself, alone and I will get the first prize that I rightfully deserve. At last. *grinz.


No comments: