Statcounter

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Doc, You’re Right! (Tribute to Dr. Richard Teo)


I’m sure everyone of u have heard of Dr. Richard Teo, the beautician doctor, who performed all kinds of beauty alterations to his patients, and then earned so much money to afford expensive luxurious life, which he thought the key to his happiness. He got really rich and self sufficient, he didn’t have space for God anymore – thinking that he could do it all by himself. Until he was diagnosed with lung cancer Stage 4, got months to live. And finally, he has left us on 18th October 2012 for good after losing the battle. He managed to give his Last Speech which then goes viral in the internet. I picked to read instead of watch. It just got more interesting from one paragraph to another.

My highlight is…He Said It.


“True joy I discovered comes from interaction. Over the last few months I was so down. Interaction with my loved ones, my friends, my brothers in Christ, my sisters in Christ, and only then was I able to be motivated, able to be uplifted. To share your sorrow, to share your happiness – that’s true joy.”


There is a lot of good stuff there in the speech. I suggest you to read it, and see if you can relate to it. I’m sure the line above, is the thing that can relate to everyone, at least the part where he finally declared that it’s about the relation with the people we love and care for, matters more than the relation we have with the wealth and worldly cares. Aren’t this answer your question, my dear friends?

I have asked this question much earlier than this. Especially before I started my career now. When I was still jobless. Thinking of what job to do, was really tough that time. I sensed that I might not want what the society expected me to do, and that included my parents. I felt there was sthing wrong with my life journey, cos I didn’t feel like this was what I wanted. Because of the urge, I took my time to THINK – And I asked that question to myself, What is the purpose of being alive? What is it that humans want? 


Then I looked for the answer, squeezed my brain everyday, and then I came up with HAPPINESS. In my pursue to this, even to this day, I just feel not that connected to the materialistic side of this world has become today. I’m just not that kind of person who finds pleasure in getting everything. I always learn to be happy with my average life, and it’s hard for me to envy those who have more. It’s not that I tried not to envy, but I thought that although life would be better having what they have, but if my life is tailor made this way for me, I wouldn’t want to trade it with anything else, cos this life IS FANTASTIC. I thought that my work, my passion and my moderation is finally leading the way to my happiness. I thought I was right all along. 

Until earlier this year, I finally realized that I’ve been really selfish. I was showed in many ways that my life looked really sweeter when I spent time with my family, did sthing for them and made them happy. After all the years, they were there to tolerate with me, not even once that I thought I owed them anything. I thought it was their responsibility to cope with me. So Thank God, for such a wisdom. I finally connect more to the fact that – It’s not my passion, it’s not my work, or all my effort to prove a point to other people – IT’S THEM. My lovely family. More than ever, I finally think that this is not just sthing that I should do, this is sthing that I WANT to do. So I came out of my selfish shell, and in every possible way, I want to contribute. I want to cheer them up. I want to be the little reason behind their smile. And when I found sthing like that in Dr. Richard’s speech, I went like, Oh Man Oh Man. You said it. And you said it right!! Thanks for making me feel that I’m in the right way. A person who spent his last chances to finally do thing THAT REALLY MATTER, I find the approval so enlightening. I’m delighted. God’s plan is just indescribable.

Dr. Richard Teo, Rest In Peace. You are in better hands now.


READ THE SPEECH 
 http://www.heavenaddress.com/Dr-Richard-Teo-Keng-Siang/424153/379719/content

WATCH THE VIDEO OF HIM GIVING THE SPEECH 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umLkfADe17s

No comments: