Statcounter

Thursday, November 22, 2012

That's Love In Action :)




I'm sure  that everyday when we wake up and about to start the day, what we have in mind is our daily mission. To do something to improve ourselves, our lives and feel good about it. We always put ourselves first. We hope to go to bed that night with a good feeling of having to accomplish something.

Same with me. I have things to do. Although sometimes I do chip in a few not so useful things in my schedule, but consider it as "take-a-break" activities, that might somehow help to make me feel better although not directly contributing to my work progress.

Today, I went home thinking about some work to settle, so that I'll be more relaxed tomorrow. So I managed to go home early and thought of skipping the kitchen work, especially when my dad has already prepared some nice foods for dinner. So I thought I could really go on with  my plan, to have a quick dinner and go upstairs and finish work. Then I saw my sister-in-law and my little baby nephew. I saw them, I felt like I missed them. They two are a perfect addition to my family. They visit our home every Thursday and Friday every week. I remember that my sister in law has been asking me for my choc cake recipe which I baked a week before. She has this fondness in choc cake, same with me. Just that, taking care of my nephew, she might not have the time. So she asked me again just now, "Did you use some milk making the choc cake?" Out of nowhere, she mentioned about the choc cake. Oh, I forgot I haven't given her the recipe. Then she and my nephew had to leave earlier because they have other plan of shopping with her elder sister. After they left, I was a bit upset. I thought I missed something. I wonder what was that.

Suddenly I felt so concerned about something. Then my thinking bulb lighted up. "I think I'm gonna bake!" I changed my schedule just like that. Although I know that I was gonna get all worn out and exhausted if I decide to bake, but my thoughts for my sister in law was bigger than all the works that I wanted to do. I wanted to pass some slices for my brother to bring home and give to his wife to eat. Of course my little nephew could eat a bit too. I was so determined that I must bake! Yeah, I was exhausted when I finished everything. I had no more energy to do my work. All I have in mind is to rest. What about my work?

"My work can wait." These people must come first, I thought. Then I felt kind of strange thinking that I'm being more thoughtful to my loved ones, for so many times this year. That I put myself below them. I was always the selfish one before. I thought that if I could not do big things enuff for them to recognize, it's better not to do it at all. Maybe I have changed my mind. Any chance that it's possible to do something, I'd do it! Even if it's only in the form of cancelling my plan to finish office work, and bake instead - just so my sister in law can eat a chocolate cake tonite.

It's not much, but I feel delighted. She won't have to thank me for anything, she won't even have to know that I actually decided to bake; thinking that she was craving for some choc cake. She doesn't have to know that I have to double my work tomorrow just because I decided to bake the cake. I still want to do it, because I realize that happiness is not always about others doing things for us, but also when we do things for others - and especially when there's a little sacrifice involved, we know that only those with a heart so big will be able to do it for others.

That's Love In Action. :)


No comments: