Statcounter

Thursday, November 15, 2012

The Answer Has Been Found...


Now is November. It's going to be December soon. The thought of December made me think about holidays, and of course Christmas! Then it made me think about something. A question. A question that I used to ask for so many years before.

The question was, "Why my Christmas was never happier? It was just started and then it was over." Yeah. Maybe because I expected too much from my Christmas. I wanted to feel happy but 25th December always ended so fast. Even half the day you thought it was gonna end so soon. Even parties, gifts and attending mass didn't make the difference. Then halfway, I found an answer. I thought the answer is "Sharing blessing" would definitely make the difference. Instead of hoping for a gift, give a gift, and witness how the joy doubles. Yeah, then I tried that too. Still, something was missing. The joy was there,  but not quite enough. So I continued looking for the answer.

Then till one Christmas day, it was nothing fancy. We decided to go to a restaurant and had dinner. Just us, a family. And we had some nice meals on the table. How we actually laughed and talked about things, Oh man. I could not imagine the feeling. I didn't notice about it until when we came home. The joy just lingered still. My heart was smiling. Oh. It was strange. How could a simple Christmas, which I had no expectation left for it because I was tired expecting too much, suddenly could bring a joy that I never expected?

I noticed that the simple dinner with my parents and siblings was a very rare one. We never actually sat at one table and talked like that. In any other days, we took our meal at separate time because we always had different schedule. And although I did recall the time when we laughed at a funny jokes, but always in the absence of someone, cos it happened at random times. I didn't remember watching my parents' face that closely, that I could see the wrinkle on their faces. It was right then I got it. Now I finally got the answer. 

It's strange how you can stop trying to do and be anything more than just being you, and just with that you get to experience the kind of joy that is so pure and beautiful. And what makes this possible is YOUR FAMILY. Just be your normal self and Be There with them,  and start looking at these faces that you thought you saw everyday, but you never cared the details. These people would and have put up with you every step of the way. Goodness Gracious. It was such a miraculous blessing to me to be able to find the answer in such a peculiar way. Praise be to God.

These lovely people are the answer. That's why I'm doing my very best, to improve myself in this. I've done much in my work, in my passion, in my ambition, and in my love life, so it's time to slowly shift and give more time for them. That's why I will always cook for them if I have the time. I will make a time and I know how much they appreciate it because they can feel the sacrifice and sincerity in me whenever I do stuff for them. 

For all of you out there, who are still looking for the answer, I'm giving you a shortcut. Maybe you should stop looking and just take this answer and apply it to your life. You don't need a few more years when I've done the time for you. Now you go and pursue this happiness, share your blessings with your family, make sacrifices when it's necessary, and do something meaningful to make your family grow in love, TOGETHER. 

Shall you find truth in this, I say You're Welcome if you would thank me one day...ehehe. But it's not enough, lets start embracing this joy and happiness that is God given, and never ever waste it again. Alleluia. Thanks be to God for such a gift.

No comments: