Statcounter

Monday, November 19, 2012

Subang Jaya Apparition: Beyond That Window





First, my readers should already know that I am a Catholic. I was also a Science student for so many years. So I have been using logical analytical thinking and reasoning for as long as I can recall. In Science, everything has its own explanation. Why something happened the way it did. Trying to incorporate my worldly knowledge with my religion, I tried. At one point, I paused and said, Should I? 

Not everything can be explained with Science. If Science can talk, she must declare her approval that the world is full of wonders, beyond human intelligence. Maybe we have not reached there yet, or maybe, simply because There Is No explanation. It keeps life interesting and mysterious that way, agree?

About the said apparition of Mother Mary on the window pane on the 7th floor of Sime Darby Hospital at Subang Jaya, I'm sure you read enough.In this Islamic country where people are from different religions and backgrounds, don't tell me you are surprised to see some really nasty comments from the non-believers. I can go on and and on reading more of the mockeries these people throw indirectly to my religion because of this windowpane phenomenon (Oh, some of them claimed it to be an accidental image caused by fraction and climate etc). 

Let me just go straight to my piece of thought on this. I wouldn't be one of those who will go extremely expressive about the said apparition on the windowpane, or any kind of apparitions I have studied in the past. Being a Catholic who is doing logic thinking, and at the same time a very curious person, I cannot help but to just keep my sight Opened to all types of possibilities. I can't turn my back on proofs, but then I definitely won't shut down miracles just in the name of Science. Leading a life that is much led by faith, with a very strong understanding about human behaviour on their acceptance of the things they don't believe, I just can't help but readily anticipate this. 

If you ask me if I believe that it is the apparition of Mother Mary? I'd answer, "Does it matter?" 

Before that, let me brief you about sthing. Without faith , I could not imagine what would my life be today. Surviving trials isn't easy at all. With all the elements that you can touch and see, there will come a time when nothing else works. Hardship only brings me back to the fact that I need to walk in Faith. This faith gives me hope when things just meet a dead end. And for countless of times, that faith has helped me, people. Science can't explain that, can it? I'm sorry if you are one of them who only believe what you can touch and see with your own eyes, maybe Faith is not for you. But if you don't agree, I understand. Just like when I don't necessarily agree in everything that people say they believe. It's acceptable. So this Faith that I'm talking about, IS ALIVE. It's living in me. Even if there is No apparition on that 7th floor window, My Faith says It's Okay. Cos my faith starts long time ago. And it doesn't starts with apparitions. You get that? Ok good.

If you asked me, do I believe in holy apparitions like the one at Sime Darby Hospital? (which led some "rational people" to accuse the believers to be walking in Blind Faith). I know some of you might see it as a total stupidity for these believers to gather there and pray together, as if the apparition is now a form of God, (like some people would interpret it). What can I say. There are just many things we won't understand when we don't share the same belief. Now that you know this, what expectation can you have for yourself to Understand what it means to them? I'm sure these believers won't expect that you understand. They don't gather there FOR A SHOW. They don't pray together for you to see. They do it because of the feeling of touched and profound - their Faith has lightened. It's really a personal touching experience between them and God. For a non-believer, it's just too easy to jump into conclusion saying that "Oh, look, they are worshiping a window pane because of the image there. Stupidity has no limit".

Religion is more like the way of life. In a language everyone can understand, they practice kindness towards one another. One way to know that your Faith has truly led your way of life, is from what you do, and what you say. Someone who is with good faith definitely "don't speak ill of others" that way. You make me bring up the word RESPECT, once again. If you fail to explain why the apparition means so much to them, at least your can rely on the wisdom of silence, accepting the facts that if you don't understand it from Level 0, don't expect to understand any level higher than that. 

 IT'S ABOUT FAITH. When your faith is alive in you, you will be able to see what your faith can show you. And it has little relation to any kind of apparitions that have been happening all around the world. Because these are only "extras" and "bonuses" for their devotion. They are walking in Faith every single day from the day they know God. From what I can see, the apparitions usually bring a very good impact on the believers. So if the apparitions are doing wonders on their faith, WHY NOT. But if any of these apparitions proved to be false or fake, still, The Faith Are Real. The truth remain Unchanged. God is still the ultimate Truth up there. No apparitions can change that. Last but not least, for those who have not experienced such "miraculous moments", you need a Faith Fix. When you finally have one, you WILL finally understand :)

No comments: