Statcounter

Tuesday, November 13, 2012

"Being Happy Doesn’t Mean You Have It All"



Don’t you agree to this yet? It’s quite an overused phrase too, right. What does it mean? Have you ever thought of it?

It’s normal for others to keep achieving greater and greater height. You won’t see them at the same level for a long time. Well, of course. It could be because they think it’s not enough for them, they want something more. It’s not wrong, right? From a Kenari, you want a Camry; given the financial ability and higher society rank, there is a need to upgrade. But if the needs, go along with capability, why not. Achieve as high as possible. Till you think it’s time to stop and start enjoying life. When will it be enough? Will it ever be enough?

Once upon a time, I thought there was something wrong with me. Because I stayed at the same spot for quite some times. Not much improvement. Some people would come to me and mention “how rare this scenario is”. Then they would mention something like, “Jangan terlalu mudah berpuas hati.” (Don’t feel satisfied too easily). Wait, wait. Can I stop myself if it just happens? What if I feel like I feel good at Level C, when there is still a B, and A than I can achieve? What is it that really measure Happiness in our lives? If I follow what people say, I might achieve B, and then A, but those achievements don’t come free and easy. There’s a price to pay. I wonder if I’d ever trade the satisfaction I have when I am at C while trying to grab B, and then A. I wonder if it’s all worth it. So, how do I know which one would fare the best in the end for me?

I might not have as much as you have. Seriously. I would admit that. But because I have learnt it my way, how to get the most from my life, and what is it that really matters, I just come to the conclusion that it’s the way that I look at things. I collect every possible wisdom to FEEL THE ESSENCE of the good side of EVERYTHING that I can see, I can feel, I can touch – connected to them in a way that please my being. Now with this, it’s not a surprise that I can easily feel pleased. Something good in a day can make my whole day, and I savour the feeling of joy. If I could just steal the moment from every hardship, I swear I would!

Please don’t feel hurt and complain to me when you see that I can be happy with the little things that I have. Cos I understand how others would look at my life, but it’s not necessary for me to explain to them I see my life much much better than that. Please don’t blame me to be able to feel enough with so little things. Trust me, you can shove your thousands theories on how I should grab the moon and stars in this lifetime, before I can totally be called – someone who lives a meaningful life. I agree, but maybe your term for moon and stars are not the same with mine. So don’t argue with me if I’m happy with my simple life, and you are still not happy with all your wealth. It’s not my fault, is it? But just in case you think you want to envy me silently, why don’t you start to count what you have rather than what you don’t have? Yeah, start with that. Once you be able to master this skill of Counting Blessings rather than Counting Money, maybe you get a little bit of idea how I reach here.

Last but not least, I don’t need your permission or approval to be happy. You also don’t need mine. I can as well go ahead and feel happy now, and start being thankful for all the little things I did today to make some people smile, and guess what, why not you try it too. Happiness is not mine alone. It’s for you, me, All of us. What are we waiting for. “Grab it now”. Less or more material we have, in pride of with humble, Happiness is ours to feel.

Alleluia for such a wonderful gift of life!! Thank you Lord!!!

No comments: