Statcounter

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

The Small Feet

I always thought my feet are small enough. Yesterday's experience made me think otherwise. I was at a shopping mall in town, looking for a new pair of shoes after having lunch with my best buddies. The shoe shop where I frequently bought shoes from, was packed with people. Almost all the nice shoes were taken. The prices were hiked high enough to make a regular buyer like me feel discourage to buy, especially after knowing the shoes only look good and they don't last long. I noticed one type of shoes was sold RM10-20 more expensive during this Hari Raya season. It's clearly their maneuver to get more profit but it was unreasonable to me since I'm looking for shoes that are worth it and last long. So I didn't buy shoes from the shop. I almost thought I should just forget about buying new shoes. I would not be stupid for paying more for something that cost less.

As I was looking around, I saw this shoe shop that I never bought shoes from. I went in and I looked around. I spotted this shoe but before I could come near, a girl grabbed it and put it on. I thought that she might not want the shoes even if she tried it. But I was wrong. I saw her consulted the salesgirl and waited at the counter. I thought she must ask the salesgirl to look for her size for that type of shoes. I actually like the shoes so much too. While the salesgirl was running around looking for a new stock, I asked her, Do you have 37 for this shoes? She said, "Yes we do." Then I said, "Okay, I want one."

The girl who tried on the shoes before me, was still at the counter. I overheard the salesgirl said that the size that the girl asked for was out of stock (size 35), they only have one left, and that was the pair they put on display for people to try on. She wanted a new pair. So she almost thought of canceling. None of my business, cos all I cared they have stock for my size. Hehe. So while I was at the counter waiting to pay, another girl came to the counter. She paid right away. Then here comes the confusion. The man at the cashier asked the girl, "Which shoes did you pay for?"

Here's the answer. The second girl actually paid for the display shoes of size 35, the same shoes that the first girl tried on and asked for a new pair but the shop didn't have it. So the first girl suddenly said to the cashier, "I come first." The cashier was blur at first. Cos he had just taken money from the second girl who was also paying for the same shoes. Maybe the first girl made the salesgirl think she canceled buying the shoes. But it was a short time for another buyer to come and paid right away. So the cashier had to return the money to the second girl and then only he took the payment from the first girl, for the same freaking shoes. And that shoes are the same shoes that I bought, but mine was size 37.

It made me giggled and relieved that "My feet aren't that small actually." Hahahaha. Of all the shoe shops in the shopping mall, and this shop isn't even considered favourite, I saw 2 girls going for the same shoes with a size smaller than mine. The other good news for me is - because my size is bigger than theirs, I don't have to be the third girl to "fight" our way "Who should buy the shoes?"

Maybe the first girl would have let go the shoes since it was a display item, tried by many people so it was like buying a pair of second hand shoes, with the price of a new pair. But since she saw the a second girl came right away and willing to pay for the shoes, maybe she felt stupid cos someone else would pay for that shoes even if it was display items so she fought her way and insist to buy the shoes no matter what.

Sometimes we have that attitude. If nobody wants it, we also don't want it. When you learn that people are going nuts after it, then only you feel moved to go after it too. It makes you think that "There must be something good with it to make others go for it, so I must go for it too." In some cases, you don't even know what's so good about that thing. Hahahahahaa. Don't be a victim of trend dear friends. *giggles.

The reason why I bought the shoes was it fit my specifications. I saw it at first glance. I was looking for high heels like that because the last time I bought high heels with thin heels it was giving me muscle pain since it didnt give good balance. I also like the shiny colour of silver-grey of the shoes and finally after I saw the price tag, it was so reasonable, considering that I have gone almost all the famous shoe shops in that shopping mall.

So here it is. My new shoes. If it can last for 1 month, more than enough for me. Hahahahaa.

No comments: