Statcounter

Monday, September 13, 2010

He, The Way I Remember Him


It's funny when you still talk about your ex. Not all of them (considering you have more than 1 ex), but just this particular one. Even after years not hearing from him, what makes a lady still talking about the freaking ex?

Now it's my turn since it's my blog. I want to talk about this particular ex of mine. Even if the breakup did make me us both cry, even if I thought he hurt me, but actually he got the most wounds. It was me who break his heart. Until today, I still have good memories of him. Not all the details actually, JUST THE WAY HE TREATED ME.

The more and more guys I found after him, made me realize that not ALL men are like him. Even if he was fierce with jealousy, but one thing that he NEVER failed me. He has always protected me. ALWAYS. In everyway. Even when he was so in pain because of me, he NEVER FAILED me that one thing. Even when I was not being the way he wanted me to, he NEVER failed to protect me.
Although there was a time he wanted to "hide" me from the world, like when he won't mention my birthday in public because he didn't want to see people started greeting or wishing me that would make him jealous. He said to me, "I'm bad, right? I don't want people to know that today is your birthday." I just smiled because I understood him. To me it didn't matter if people wished me or not. I didn't think I was denied a right. I still remember when he was around while I was chatting in chatroom, he would kick anyone who mention my nick. he would curse anyone who said something bad to me, he would NOT let anyone type my nick for any suspicious sentence - like, "I had a wet dream of you last nite o". He would immediately talked to the person, "You don't write something like that about my gf? I don't like it." Because of his way, I remember having to apologize to some people for his behaviour. I said, Sorryy sorryy. He only wanted to protect me. Yes, Protect Me.
My oh My. That was him. Maybe it doesn't take a genius why I'm still talking about him. Not even in my intention to meet him back, Nope. I just know I remember him in a certain way that is special enough that I could talk about it again and again without losing its value. Even on the last day that we spoke, he STILL never failed to protect me. He NEVER said anything BAD to me even if he was so hurting inside. Even the breakup was said by me because he WON'T say it. This man has learnt how to take care of my heart so carefully. He knew how fragile I was. Anything bad that comes out from his mouth would make me cry. The last time he accidentally raised his voice, I cried right away. That was the old version of 256. He accepted me just as I was. He adjusted to my ways and he never complained about my childishness. 

Even when we were having our final conflict, he did not use anything that he has about me to get back to me. Not even anyone in his family got access to my stuff in his belongings, or even spread stories or gossips about me. Even if his siblings or family had a reason to at least consult me or get clarification from me, he did not let them get into our business. If he could not settle things with me, he let it remain unsettled. He won't pass a matter for other people to settle for him. He NEVER passed my details to Anyone. Not even my phone number, not even my e-mail or my address, that could make others get access to me without my permission. That was how he protected me. 

Yeah, maybe I used to get pampered too much by this ex of mine. I would not scared to tell that if I were ready back then, I could be married to him now. It was because of my failure to commit that we broke up. Despite his other bad habits that I dislike, I made them a reason why I was not ready to tie a knot with him. But after I came across more and more men who are MORE good looking than him, why am I still talking about his protectiveness? 

I'm sorry if he made me a demanding girlfriend. Or maybe I shouldn't say sorry at all. Cos the fact that I have become a lady who is very different after I broke up with him. The fact is, I am not as demanding as I was with him. I become someone "simplified" and to the point. I don't fancy sugarcoated words or expensive gifts like what my ex used to lavish me with. I totally think that I have become so rational after his chapter. No, I won't say sorry for who I am now. Cos who I am now is a LOT better than my version that he had to handle. 

Maybe it's just the guys that I meet after him - Yes, you maybe more good looking. Yes, you maybe more attractive. Yes - you maybe ALL that compared to him. But one thing that he still did better than you, is that he Protected Me. He could be helpless when he was having financial problems or health problems. But he was NEVER helpless when it comes to keeping my matter confidential. Or maybe you guys think I ask too much. At least I found a guy who never give any way for anyone to humiliate or embarrass me or disturb my feeling. I don't say that I regret that you guys are not as protective as him, but sorry, inability for others to do that just make me remember how protective this man has been to me. Although I don't miss him anymore, I just wish that... the one by my side would AT LEAST try so hard to protect me as much as he did.
:)

No comments: