Statcounter

Monday, September 6, 2010

You Want It Cheap?

Recently I have this salon owner came to me asking for a service. She came to get my service twice – at a certain price of course. I don’t really compare my price with the market price. I only know the price of my work. I do know the market price for one kind of service, but when the customers give details of the work they want, the price should vary depending on the difficulty.

So when she finally came to me a few days ago asking for another artwork. She showed me artworks made by some shop and she said “It’s not my taste.” It occurred to me that maybe she thought the price I put for my work was a little too high so she went to look for alternative. If not, she would go straight to my place, right? I giggled quietly.

She rushed me and luckily I was a bit free so I straight away do the job for her. She looked at my half-done artwork and she was delighted. I was a bit particular with my work and I want it to be perfect but the problem is when they rush me and I just settled with the best at hand. So when she finally saw my final artwork, she agreed to it right away and I gave her a discount price, which might still be expensive to her. She paid me happily. As a professional hairstylist she must understand that a good work does come with a price. Nothing is too expensive not unless you can do it YOURSELF. The other day I come to her salon, I did not even negotiate A BIT with the price that she gave me because I understand what is the price to get a professional service.

This customer learnt that lesson that IF YOU WANT SOMETHING DONE, the price is number two. It’s about satisfaction. It’s about hitting the right point that, “This is what I want!” The last time I thought getting someone’s service for something was too expensive, I learnt the skill myself. It took time, it took money and it took a lot more. The result was still unsure. If you are born with the talent, you’re lucky. If you are not, sometimes you can never perform it as good. At the end of the day, you still have to admit that there are things that are best to ask from someone who is doing the job fulltime.

The choice is yours anyway. *giggles.

No comments: