Statcounter

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Age Guessing Game: Certainly not 23

I associate with this new chatter lately. He bumped into me in the right timing, and was lucky enough to get my Fb without having to be ignored first and then added back, like I did to most new chatters who asked for my Fb too early. 256 and her inaccessibility, nothing new right? Hahaha

I never asked about his age. Judging from his general knowledge, I could not make a conclusion on the age. Some people are just not into reading. But his job could be something. Since that he runs his own business, and he told me he worked with his dad before, and how he broke up with his gf and all that, I could easily add years to his age. Plus, judging from his opinion and his attempt to advice me to be careful of guys and their intentions, I easily thought that a very young guy won't have that much things to say.

He was dead curious about my age too. At least I bet he has a certain range of age that he puts me in, judging from the chat. He had his first guess on the first day we chat. It would be normal any guy on IRC who chats with a girl would prefer the girl to be younger right? Most of the case, yes. So the guy first guessed my age to be 25 after he went into my Fb. So using my common sense, he must guess an age younger than his age because that’s the way they would prefer it to be. So I have a reason to guess that this guy must be above 25. Everything that I learnt about him really goes well for someone above 25.

Last nite, only our 3rd day chatting, we finally found the answer! I mistakenly told him that I have a degree, so he went, You have a Degree? That’s when he finally knew the answer. Any way he tries to put it, I CAN’T be younger than him. He knows that I’m already working so I won’t be just graduated. A normal candidate usually graduates at 23. He went, 256, now I am so sure that you are older than I am!!

Cos I am just 23!!!

Haahahahahaa.

There’s is NO WAY that I’m younger than that. There’s NO WAY I would joke around and lie to people that I am that young. With all my capabilities, knowledge and experiences, it would be SINFUL to be younger than 23. *Lols. But after knowing his age, I am very proud that he has reached somewhere that young. That explains why he is not so informative and there are so many things about the world that he doesn’t know yet. But to me, after everything that I have in my life now, it’s just so ridiculous to be someone younger than him.

As far as online world is concerned, and with all this online identity policy, some guys who have chatted with me told me that judging from my intelligence, it’s a shock if I’m below 25. I just laughed. Especially to some of them whom I mistakenly told about my work.

It tells me something that our achievements do take years to develop. We like it better if we are younger, but then there are so many things that we won’t yet reach because of being young. So if we have the choice to pick to be younger or to be experienced, well…this is my answer.

I have been a 23 years old once in my life. I don’t need to be 23 again. At any age that I happen to be, I know that every year added to the age equals to so many little accomplishments that make me A BETTER PERSON. So my version of 23 years old can NEVER beat my version of 24 , 25, 26 and so on. So in my case with the guy, there’s nothing we can do about the age gap. It’s not each other’s fault that we are in our age now. It’s just the flow of life. So no matter in what age you are, you always have something to be happy about. If you are younger, you have your youth, energy and hype and if you are older, you have experiences, achievements and reputation.

But when it comes to age guessing in the online world, we certainly can’t be sure if we get it right just by the details from the chat. Only honesty tells the truth. But why care? If you guys can chat well without knowing each other’s age to begin with, then age should not stop you to make friends to younger or older people. Online world is borderless. Keep it that way. *giggles.

No comments: