Statcounter

Monday, September 20, 2010

Do You Want To Know Everything?

I Don’t.

If you say yes, get ready to land yourself in disaster. Get ready to be badly hurt and get ready to turn crazy. Now you know why I don’t want to know everything?

2 days ago, my bestfriend texted me almost midnite. She wrote, “Help me, Please!!!!” This was her story. A few days before that, she asked her husband whether or not he contacted any of his exes, he said nope but if he has the chance, he might. But just as friends. She believed. So 2 days ago, out of nowhere, she was thinking of “knowing more” than what she was told. So she hacked in her husband’s e-mail and what she found there led her to texting me to ask for help. What do you think?

She found out that her husband has been e-mailing a few female friends and she even saw him sweet-talked them, just like the kind of language he used on her. She said there were a few names she didn’t recognized and she even noted the part where his husband planned to meet this one particular lady when she arrives at KK. My bestfriend almost exploded with anger, she felt like her whole body was shivering out of anger, out of jealousy, out of – pheww… you name it. All the different feelings and emotions. The rages within her. So indescribable. Like never before.

That time when it took place, the husband was not there. He was busy with his brother’s wedding, while my bestfriend was at home busy digging his husband “extra activity” and trying to find out if he was anyway cheating on her. Before that, I want to let you guys know that I know her husband. He’s the same person I referred to in the post “Husband Mithali” because he’s the type of husband who does house chores when his wife is too tired, or even the one who wakes at nite to give milk to the baby. I can assure that he’s not a womanizer and he is never the type of guy who gets attention. I know since he was with us since college years. So my friend has very little reason to doubt in him actually. Until she looked for trouble herself and dug into what she shouldn’t have known. I mean, at least her husband needs some private space for himself right? This is what happens when you want to know EVERYTHING. You find issues to hurt yourself.

Just because of what she found out that time, she even made a series of plan should she catches her husband cheating on her, like “I will run away, and I’m taking my baby with me.” I was like, My oh my… STOP IT!! I went into Fb chat to talk to her and I got to calm her down. “Assumptions can kill us!! Stop doing it!!” She asked herself all the What If questions. She started to imagine what could happen, what had happen and all the likes. All those things she has not read from the e-mail. She exaggerates things and her thoughts running wild on the worst case scenario. Just with a slight discovery, I could tell her heart was bleeding.

She told me, “I shouldn’t have hacked into his e-mail. That’s my fault. And come to think about his e-mail to the ladies, I imagine that I would do the same if I were him, and maybe worse. Even now, I’ve been flirting with guys at the office, telling nasty jokes that enough to make him divorce me if he’s wearing the same mind I’m wearing now. Now I can’t explain why I feel so bad when my rational mind tells me it’s nothing wrong with all the e-mail.”

I said to her, “Don’t do that again!! I have adapted this new policy that I Don’t Want To Know Everything because it only gives our mind so much power to manipulate our emotions which most of the time, is only misleading. So I know how tough it could be that’s why I finally come to a realization that it’s BEST to let things unknown UNLESS it can change things to better. If it’s other than that, let it be. Let it go.

Maybe that’s why now I’m taking a different approach. The good thing is that I LET PEOPLE keep their secret. As long as the secret has nothing harmful to do with me, I just let it be. Who the person is since I am in his life is all that matters to me. How the person treats me is all that matters to me. Maybe he had a bitter past. Maybe he was never a good boyfriend to anyone. Maybe he was the rudest and most egoistic guy that pissed the girls off. What matters to me is the person with me is the BEST and renewed version of whoever he used to be. The rest, he could keep his bitter past unless he wants to share it with me so we can laugh at it together. *giggles.

So if you tend to open someone’s secret box and what comes out with it is a poison that could take your life away from you, YOU CHOOSE if that’s worth it. My bestfriend learnt her lesson that nite and I’m sure, she’s much wiser now. Never try to FORCE truth to unfold anymore than you need just enough to get you a good life you have now. We don’t want anymore conflicts. We don’t want anymore jealousies. We don’t want anymore heartaches. Enuff if Enuff. Give our loved ones their own private space cos you know you need one too.

NOTE: Suddenly I feel like saying something. To those who Trust me, THANKS. :)

No comments: