Statcounter

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

“Never Been Kissed”

I first watched this movie back in school, and finally I watched it again just now. WOW. :)

Why I think this movie is a WOW to me because it reflects me. It’s just a simple story of a reporter who had been haunted by her schoolday memories that ended with a humiliation by the famous guy who she thought wanted to take her to the prom nite. She almost didn’t believe that the hottest guy in school asking her to be his partner to prom. She didn’t see what was coming. When she saw the limo, Instead, the guy went out from the car roof and threw her with some eggs that smashed right on her face and prom dress. When she cried in embarrassment and picked her shoes and ran so that her mom won’t have to find out that it was what happened to her by the time she stepped out from the house and ready to get picked. WHY I could feel the emotion of that character. That humiliation. That shame. That total lost of self esteem. Even thousands drop of tears won’t make a difference. I’VE BEEN THERE.

Years later, after she became a reporter, she was asked to do undercover to see how the kids were today and by raising issues that could sell their papers. On her quest, she had to become a 17 years old once again and tried so hard to be accepted. Yes, it was when she realized that she thought she has never changed, still that plain, undiscovered and under-appreciated young girl who always tend to be a joke to others. How she has to come out from her shell, to finally realize that she has grown to be someone else who trapped in a schoolday humiliation. This story reminds me that a bad experience goes a long way. This story reminds me that when you have a tough teenagehood, you gonna struggle to find yourself just to believe that you are worth it. Yes – why I appreciate this story so much is because I can relate her character with me.

I used to have a tough schooldays at an elite school. I thought I was never born to be part of the community because of my moderate background and I’ve seen many kinds of emotional bully that haunted me long enough. Although I have blamed God countless of times, I still managed to go through the ordeal and walked out as a unique individual. I didn’t realize that while I was busy blaming Him, He lifted me along the journey and only let me walk on my own when I was strong enough. Now that I have left schooldays behind me, this movie character reminds me that some of us might have extraordinary hard teenagehood with all this struggle to match others, but if we could survive it there is a reward waiting for us. People just know that you’re different in a special way. People just know that there’s something about you that they won’t find in many. And if you can use your gifts well, you can touch and inspire a lot of people out there. You make the Ugly Ducklings believe that they are different because they are the few special individuals who can bring so much impact in others. They are the hope that anybody can raise above the standard.

So she finally attended the prom once again. This time her prom nitemare was turning exactly the opposite. The cutest guy asked her out, instead of the other famous girls around. She dressed herself in a beautiful gown that made her steal the nite. She finally experience the kind of prom that she always dreamt of. With all the kids praised her, and even the teacher. She finally won herself the Prom Queen of the nite. It was a total "payback" for the humiliated prom girl back hen. When she saw one nerdy girl was about to get a prank on that nite, she saw “herself” and all the memories flashed back. She finally risked her undercover mission when she saved the girl from the prank and finally revealed herself. She threw her Prom Queen crown and told the kids that,

“There is a big world out there, bigger than prom, bigger than highschool. It won’t matter if you were the prom queen or the quarterback of the football team or biggest nerd in the school. Find out who you are and try not to be afraid of it.”

Her undercover mission was finally a Mission to find herself. She finally brave enough to approach her dream that one day she gonna find the perfect man to share the Real Kiss that

"When you kiss someone, everything around you becomes hazy, and the only thing in focus is you and this person. And you realize that the person is the only person that you’re supposed to kiss for the rest of your life. And for one moment, you get this amazing gift, and you wanna laugh and you wanna cry, cos you feel so lucky that you’ve found it and so scared that it will go away all the same time.” Yeah… those were her words. :)

Never let anything hold you back. Be who you are and believe that you are worthy of your dream.

Wonderful :)

4 comments:

Adriel D.K said...

did you look like tat back in secondary school? lol

Twofivesix256 said...

Hahahahaha nopes...much cuter and cheekier just too naive...hehe

Anonymous said...

try watch "definietly maybe" siok ni lucu funny and sedih..my fav movie

Twofivesix256 said...

Ok I will watch that one :))