Statcounter

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

“Ini Pun Kamu Tidak Tau Kah?”

I went to this large stationary store looking for laser jet transparency film. I tried to look for it myself but I could not find it on the rack. I saw these 2 salesgirls chatting at one corner and I asked them about the transparency. They all turned blank. I described that this is the plastic that used for presentation using projector and when they heard the word “project”, they simply forgot the rest of the sentences and showed me the binding set of paper usually used for school project. “No, not that one. This one looks like plastic cover.” They immediately went to get the PVC plastic cover and showed it to me, “You mean this, right?” I said, “Yes, like that. But NOT that. This one is specially made for presentation. You can photocopy on it.” They scratched head still looking blank.

I started to feel a bit pissed.

One of the girls said to me, “I think you can still use this plastic cover to replace that.” Oh gosh. Now that pissed me off. I said, “No, they are different.” They called another and another salesperson around the shop and NOBODY knew what I was looking for. One person came, I have to repeat the sentence. “I’m looking for transparency film”. After saying that, what I got was another blank look. OMIGAWD you are working in a stationary shop for Pete’s sake!!!

I was taking my time and I stood there looking silly, as if I just came from another planet with all these people looking at me saying a language they didn’t understand. Yes of course I was pissed! I said,

“Omigawd, ini pun kamu tidak tau kah?” Yes I raised my voice cos I was so pissed. When you work at a stationary shop, you don’t even know the common stationary that are there in the shop? If you can’t even do this, what else you can do???

Finally, I found the film myself at the rack nearby. I felt bad a bit because I think that they might think I was one rude customer. But hey, it’s so irritating, now I understand what’s inside the mind of one irritating customer. Sometimes they just want some reasonable efficiency around bah. If you are a postman, you don’t come to me to ask how to look for the address on the letter, or where exactly is Penampang, or Papar or Kepayan to send the letters to. My oh my…That’s your job ba kan?

Moral Of The Story: You must know how to do the job, AT LEAST the job you are paid to do. :)

2 comments:

Mouren said...

I had this experience where those stationary shop helper have no idea what is pocket file...*pissed off*

Twofivesix256 said...

yeah...I understand how it feels. I almost said something rude like, "Bagus cari keja lain la" Hahahahaaha. Maybe they are just new but we are customers we at least expect them to know about their stuff more than us.