Statcounter

Sunday, July 15, 2012

256's July Journal Day 15: A Coffee Addict Quiting Coffee. Logic?




The original title to this post is actually, "Is it so hard to quit coffee?"

I have a serious mission on this. I have to cut caffeine altogether for the period of 30 days, which starting Yesterday. Wow...Is that possible? I've started taking coffee in the age of 18 years old, that's a lot of years there. I was one of those who claimed that I could never go a day without coffee. And now I'm quitting. How far  true is that when someone claims that she cannot go by without coffee? Is this really about being coffee-dependent or is this just the syndrome of trapped in the coffee lifestyle - thinking that all cool and busy people usually do the same?

Hear it from me. Determination and willingness - again, are the keywords. Before today, I have gone through 2 mornings without coffee, although not completely because I didn't have other hot drink to make during tea time so I settled for coffee. Surviving 2 mornings without coffee is already a breakthrough because I kept claiming to people that I was gonna go all weak and useless without having coffee first. So finally yesterday, my first day without caffeine. I already bought replacement drinks  which is Horlicks, mixed with Anlene milk, so I'm gonna be taking them for 30 days. Now you ask me how it feels without coffee...You'll be surprised.

No craving at all. Just a little lack of alertness, but I also remember having days like that when I was with coffee. So not much significant difference to make me forget about this mission. Come to think about it, all the excuses before were just a result of Psychological impression. Coming down to doing it, it ISN'T hard at all. Knowing that it's this easy, don't you want to find out how ur body feels when it's 100%? Imagine all the waters that should go out from your body, but retained by the caffeine in your body. Imagine all the nutrients that your body should get, which were stolen by caffeine. Don't you want to feel how it's like to be caffeine-free and free your body from the caffeine trap? 30 days taken from a lifetime, definitely our body deserves more than that but if it's so hard, 30 days are already a good gift for the body. Love your body and your body will reward you back in terms of better health, better looks. Wish me luck! :)


No comments: