Statcounter

Thursday, July 26, 2012

256's July Journal Day 26: Close Enuff But Not Too Close


It’s the way I do it. I pick my friends. I don’t just get close to anyone. I can talk to people the whole day, without them knowing my full name and where I live. You wonder why I do that? The friends that I hang out with, they are with me since Uni days. We went through laughter and tears, we argued and made up, and most importantly, they know me inside out. How can they not be my best buddies? They might not always be there for me during my times of need, they might miss wishing me on my bday, they might say something that hurt me… STILL the history doesn’t change. We have learnt to tolerate each other. We have learnt to cope with our shortcomings. And we have commitment for our friendship until now. How can they not be my special friends? The older we get, we do meet loadsa people. We do find some who are good to click with. But then it’s just too raw because the amount of time spent together is just limited. Should they come back in college days, they might be one of your treasured friends. The environment has changed. Goals have also changed. Same goes to priorities. In the job world, everyone can be competitors. Only a few are there for real friendship. That’s why. We are aware of this and we can’t expect much from others. If most people think this way, yes, we can sit in one table and talk and have coffee, have some laughs and share story, still it’s a long way to understand each other’s true colours. From this complication, it’s just safer to have casual friends as companion, but the good friends are reserved for those who have gone through the journey. Cos you don’t have to freaking explain yourself to them. They will find a way to understand. That’s why I always have a special place for them. Unfortunately, that’s the barrier that is always there when we meet new people. As much as they wa nt to be close to us, we can only get close enough, but never too close. Should we become more, let time tell the rest :)

No comments: