Statcounter

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Can Tell That Your Friend Is Lying?

It’s common sense to me that you can catch someone lying by some gestures that the person makes; such as she cannot look at you straight in the eye. It’s too common that I’m afraid it’s Not that common anymore. Just when you thought you can read someone from the fidgeting alone, you could be wrong.

My friend bought a book on this. The book tells her how to read the body language that could hide the truth. Think that now she’s a genius? Guess what? I don’t know why I think this knowledge could become obsolete. Lets take the Lie Detector machine that could detect even the slightest changes in your impulse, it’s that reliable that it’s use widely in police investigation. But how effective it is? Humans are much smarter than to get beaten by a freaking machine. It’s human that invented the machine anyway. They should know how to beat the machine using our very very talented body system. I’m afraid that with proper learning, a liar could even pass the Lie detector in flying colors!!

My point is very simple, my dear friends. You can’t rely on body language anymore. It doesn’t always tell the truth. No exact subjective knowledge like that can be taught by books. I tell you, I can simply manipulate “body language” to send a wrong signal to you, just because I know that you really rely on it to tell something untold. I actually did a few things like that. It was silly but at least I could reach a conclusion.

I am a person with a lot of body movements. I create hundreds of body language and face expressions in an hour if you are willing to count, Nope, I don’t fake it. If I can fake something like that, I would rather fake much other things that can contribute to me giving good impressions. To be someone with a lot of body language is not that cool. You see? People like me often become the victim of the “body language followers” because they try to read every move that I make with my hands and my eyes. I tell you, you gonna fail.

I realize that I have been making “wrong” body language since schooldays. People thought I didn’t mean what I did, but I actually meant it. It was so easy to lie people who thought they could read body language. For example, I know it already that in the common knowledge of reading gestures, people think that you must be lying when you can’t look at them in the eye. The fact is that, it’s not so. I am a person who could not look at someone in the eye when I speak. Why? Because I need to focus on what I speak, if I look at someone’s eyes, I got distracted and just got lost in the middle. So, if you want to judge how truthful I am just because I could not look you in the eye, then I have to say, “Poor you”. I don’t think you can read me.

Why some people are so good in lying? Yes! Because they pass the test of body language!! They know what to do to not create suspicions. If you think you can look in the eye of someone to tell whether or not the person is lying? I tell you, if humans are so good in telling a lie from body language, why the hell a lot of lucky liars just get away with lying? So, to be fair with this, I think you guys should give a little leeway on those who suck in faking body language – cos they could be telling the truth when their body language says otherwise. So which matters more? What matters more is the truth is remain unchanged. Truth doesn’t care about your freaking body language.

So how? How to detect the real liars? Can I give bad news? I don’t think there is wisdom good enough for people to master in this field. You have to rely on your personal encounter with the person, whether or not the person has been reliable and trustworthy to you before. If so, then you have a lot of reason to believe what he’s telling you. But chances are, the person might still be telling you white lies. Even a good reputation is still not good enough, right?

Anyway, as far as this concerns me, I think I should not just give up with my hyper body language. I can do something about it to make it goes along with my mind. I think I have improved a lot for years now. Maturity helps. Even if I think that I’m not doing anything wrong, but it will effect my communication, right? The last thing in my mind is when let’s say I say I Love You to my guy and he never believes just because of my wandering eyes- “256, you’re not telling the truth. Look straight to my eyes now and say I Love You to me!” Then I imagine saying, “Don’t want baaaaa…shyyy baaaaa thattt”

(Hahahahahahahaahhaahahahahahahhahahahaha)

See? I might tell the truth, but I’m just shy ba that.

Hahahaahahahahahaha. Just kidding guys.

So if body language says it all? I think if it’s so easy to tell if someone is lying, this world WON’T be too packed with lies and liars as it is now. *Grinz. So now you know that it’s not as simple as 1 blink says Yes and 2 blinks say No –It’s much much more complicated than that.

No comments: