Statcounter

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

He Said, "The World Needs You."

Do you know that YOUR VOICE means that much to others? As you can read in the topic, a friend said that to me last nite in the sms. It was a catchy and interesting line indeed. And IF he said it and meant it at the same time – of course that should mean a lot to me. How the heck can the WORLD NEED SOMEONE LIKE ME?

I might not be qualified to be appointed as one of the Pembimbing Rakan Sebaya back in schooltime, because PRS are only among the top achievers and prefects, but I have always been doing the indirect work of giving counseling to my friends. Seriously, I never thought that MY WORDS count that much to them whenever I start to give my view related to their problem. I remember one incident where a friend, who was “rejected” by most of our other friends because of her behaviour, sat at the corner of the hall crying. That time I think we were 13 years old. I felt pity. I understand why the rest didn’t like her, and I didn’t like her that much either because of her bossy attitude. But I felt the need to sooth her because that time, suddenly I felt that it didn’t matter that much whether or not I like her. I Must Sooth Her. So I sat beside her, and start talking. I told her this. “Kau tau ka kenapa dorang treat kau macam tu? Because sometimes kau nda sedar kau ni suka arah2 orang and makes people feel yg you’re too bossy and selfish ba. Try to be a bit humble and I’m sure, orang akan appreciate kau. It’s not their fault yg dorang isolate you because dorang tidak paham how you bring yourself and you must help them to understand yg kau teda niat untuk make people feel bad. You can get along with them, trust me. Be a bit humble.” I remember saying something like that. You think I thought she would listen? Nope. I never expected that she would listen. BUT SHE DID. She came to me again a few days later and said, THANKS, YOU HELPED ME. You should be one of the PRS. I was like, Oh, she actually listened to me. That’s great.

And then after her, I gave my counseling to many other friends who came to me for my views. I never tell anyone that I am a good listener, or I can share my views with them – I NEVER. I’ve always wondering WHY people just came to me for something like that. Until TODAY, I still do a lot of counseling. I do that even in SMS! *Lols. They have not met me to know my personalities, but already they think that my views might help. So finally last nite, a guyfriend said goodnite to me, “You need to rest because THE WORLD NEEDS YOU. I mean it.” It tickled me in a way because I suddenly imagine myself the female version of SUPERWOMAN. *Lols.

One of biggest achievements in this indirect counseling that I’ve been doing happened 2 years ago. I saved my uncle’s marriage. I bumped into his wife while she was crying at a bench, while I was walking around the town. It was very accidental because it wasn’t the area where she and I lived. Did I come at the right timing? You decide later. I saw her crying, with her mobile phone in her hand. She was so upset with my uncle. He didn’t come home for days after another big argument. And when he was away, a friend of hers told her she saw my uncle with another lady, coming out from a rented room. Plus, the readings from 3 bomohs that yes, “your husband has an affair”, turned her crazy. That time, she was coming to the end of her wits. She had lost it totally. She had the tendency to kill herself because she couldn’t bear with it anymore. She told me that she wanted to crashed her car in accident and make sure she got killed. She even told me she wanted to bring their only daughter with her. She wanted to teach my uncle a lesson he won’t forget. With people walking around and saw her crying like a little girl, I thought that it was challenging for me to sooth her. I spent 2 hours listening and talking to her. I even shouted at her as I spoke because I wanted to make her listen to me. Luckily, that auntie of mine always have respect me for, so maybe I was the right person to talk to her. I was very surprised because SHE LISTENED. I managed to make her get her senses back and think clearly. She came home with a light heart. She did what I told her and called me up for the updates. Not long after that, I even saw them going to church together after the incident happened. And it was one of the suggestions that I told her if she wanted the marriage to work. I was so surprised what my little counseling session did its magic. My uncle’s marriage was renewed. They even have a new baby boy not long after. When I told my friends about that, they were amazed too. “I think it was written in God’s plan that you saw her that day. And He sent you to help her.” I think she might be right.

What for the abilities that we have if we don’t use it to make this world a better place? Maybe my friend who sms-ed me last nite was right… that in certain thing, This World Does Need Me :)

No comments: