Statcounter

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

It's A Big Deal To Me...

“It’s too much” <-- was once among my most said phrases. I still remember, that time, I entered this college after my SPM. There were many other phrases that I often said. Ah, another one is, “Is it a big deal?” At least, I can remember 2 most said phrases back in college days. *giggles.

I’m sharing with you about this, is because I’m trying to send you guys a little but important message here. My English is actually, just average. But I don’t know why my friends back in college, always thought my English is so good. I always tell people that English is always my favourite subject, and of course, never would I mention that I excel in that subject. Maybe because I have been using English expressions daily, more than most of them. But that doesn’t mean that I’m good enough to teach others.

My friends actually REMEMBER whatever phrases that came out from my mouth. They remembered. Even when I was just mumbling alone, or thinking out loud, THEY REMEMBER. I didn’t know about this. Until the day we had our English paper. We were discussing about how hard and confusing the questions were. So I remember one of my roommates said that “I answered the question that way because I remember that’s what you always say.”

My goodness. “You can’t be serious.”

And when she repeated the phrase, it was a wrong phrase. She must have remembered the phrases that I said negligently, knowing that they are wrong in grammar, but I said it just because I wanted to have something to say. My gosh. It was A MISTAKE from my side, for simply saying the English phrases without thinking that OTHERS are taking them as a lesson. I felt quite bad. It was so shameful for me to say, Oh sorry, actually that thing that I often say, is not even grammatically correct. I said it for fun. I didn’t know that you guys are taking note. Of course I didn’t say it to my friends because I wanted to save face. My dear readers…from the feedbacks that I have from you guys. I know that some of you enjoy blog so much that you guys expect more than just “plain reading”. You guys are reading the articles to get new ideas too, and PROBABLY, learning a little bit of new language pattern that I might be using here and there.

This is a small thing actually but I care enough to mention. Actually, I did quite many typing errors, wrong usage of prepositions and sometimes grammar. When I did my double/triple checks, then only I came across those mistakes. I wanted to correct them all, but I know I still miss a lot of uncorrected mistakes because I find it too troublesome to dig back into previous posts just to correct one of two typos. So please pardon me for any wrong usage of word, which you guys can detect easily. I need to mention this so you guys can excuse me of those small mistakes and most importantly, I don’t want to have the same feeling again when my friend told me that she answered an exam question according to the phrases that was not correctly placed.

Yeah, “She makes mistakes too.” <-- please dedicate that to me too, okay? Hehehehehe. If I don’t care for you my readers, I won’t even care to mention. But I do care, so please take note and thanks for being my loyal readers. Lurveee ya guys. Muahsss.

2 comments:

yup, its me..myself n i.. said...

hi there,english lang plays important role in our futuristic life nowadays..fully utilise the language is an advantage for one and with this,one can help others to learn the lang. i was told by my beloved lecturer once that by helping others,we have in return learning the lang as well..teaching others to learn the good things is a noble deed..am i right sis?? well..for me you always be my star..you inspire me with lots of ideas and room for improvement..thanks sis..love you and keep up the good work!muahsss...Xantellae..

Twofivesix256 said...

Sis!!!! Muahssss Luv u too :)