Statcounter

Sunday, April 11, 2010

The Philosophy: "Don't Call It Love Until..."

Last nite I had a chat friend a guy friend. He asked me about my love life. I don’t usually answer questions about my personal life. I told him the story about my love life, my perceptions about love and stuff. I also shared with him my new philosophy on this love thingy. This philosophy is important to me because this is the reason behind how I handle things with the love element in my life.

You have experiences being in a relationship for years? Maybe you feel happy with sharing love phrases and expressions on every special occasions, sharing first and last greetings of the day with sweet kisses. Sometimes you guys argue just to make up. Laughter and tears come after one another. These will be the spices of the relationship. The more years you spend in it, the more memories you have. But after a while, you realize that your relationship is just for the sugar and spices of it and it’s not going anywhere. It’s whether both or either of you is not ready for a bigger commitment or there are difficulties that make you delay the next stage so you guys are stuck in that relationship for how many more years, none of you know of. The worst scenario is, you guys cannot imagine seeing each other as the lifetime partner. In other words, you guys are only good as lovers and not more. When the questions of financial stability, responsibility, and other vital elements in a marriage, you guys start to have a second thought. When you guys finally reach that point that you guys can’t go further from there, another story of broken hearted would take place. Then what happens to all the years? Does it matter how long you spend loving each other? Even if all the years just end in vain? The more years you spend together, the more hurtful it’s going to be when it ends. This is why I come with this philosophy so that I can stay in focus on what could work and I won’t waste so much time just to get hurt again.

If you have gone through something like that, I’m sure you would finally understand my philosophy. I’m done with words of love. I’m done with showing too much affection just to find out that that relationship isn’t heading towards marriage. What’s the point?? If you get attracted to someone just because the person has a lover quality…is that sufficient? At the end of the day, u need a realistically practical human being who can get the job done. Who has sensible mind and physical capability to make things happen when needed. The one that you can see building family with. Who you think can help u raise a family and most importantly, the one you can imagine growing old with. So if you walk into a relationship and go through all that without seeing the potential in the person to walk into marriage together with…Now just start counting the years you gonna waste, AGAIN. How many years do you have to waste?

So before you even want to get into one, do some observation whether or not you can see further than just a casual lovey dovey relationship with the person and whether or not the person could see you the same way. Most importantly is to share the same goal where do you want to relationship to go. UNTIL that happens, then only it’s worth it to give it a shot and work it out without years of delay. To me, if it’s not heading towards marriage, it’s NOT a LOVE relationship. Call it infatuation, call it admiration, but it’s NOT love. Cos no matter what your definition is, if it doesn’t end up with marriage, it isn’t worth all the years. A heart will be broken. A relationship is going to end. Only Marriage gives you the license to rightfully love each other and see that love nourished until your last breath. Only Marriage will give a proper destiny to something called LOVE.

So if anybody asks me what I feel, now you understand why it is so hard for me just to say the sweet words that you guys want to hear. Why to me good looks and physical impression are just a view I appreciate and nothing more. But if you want more, until we speak about the same DESTINY called marriage than only we can talk about Love. Now you know :)

No comments: