Statcounter

Friday, April 16, 2010

Me Happy, You Happy…

We often think that when we get something good, that makes us happy and we keep the happy feelings alone. But do you notice that you can be so so much happier than that. You ask me How? Let me share with you.

Yesterday was a very good day for me. A few days before that, I had a problem with a landlord because he violated the verbal agreement that we had before. He put me in a difficult situation because of that. Not only that it would cost me a lot of money, but he also made me feel like a total fool if I continued with the agreement. So I was in big stress for a few days just to find a solution and Thank You Lord for helping me out. I found a very instant solution though it involved a Crazy decision to move out. It was the best decision although it might not be so cheap. But this decision was more than just about money. It’s a little bit of pride and a little bit of trying to teach someone a lesson, by using my right. But on top of that, I was very worried that I would hurt anybody (especially the landlord) with the decision. I don’t want hard feelings even if I knew it was his fault. I still thought he was a good man, but he made the last minute changes for his own reasons. So, to make things right, I thought that I should pay him for how long I’ve been using his premise although it was under no black and white agreement. Some would want to run away without paying. But as a human being who is trying to do the right thing, I would still want to pay him. So yesterday I met him and without much explaining, he understand the decision wholeheartedly, much easier than I thought. Suddenly a big burden was lifted off my shoulder. Then I politely asked him how much should I pay (without him asking for it first) and he actually cut RM400 from the amount I expected to pay. I was even delighted that my intention to make things right gave me something so good in return. That is a lot of amount to save. I even offered my help sincerely without getting anything back although I barely know him and he had made me a bit mad because he didn’t keep his word. I could tell that the landlord was so delighted because although things was a bit messed up, I still treated him nicely instead of bringing up his mistakes. I just feel that IT DOESN’T HURT to do something good to another person as long as it's still in our capacity. I feel that I have so much joy in my heart.I settled in a new place, made a good deal with the new landlord and ended it well with the old landlord. Plus, I got a few hundreds to save. It was almost gonna be a great fruitful day.

Later that evening, my brother came to help around the new office. If I were to hire a professional to do the work he did, it must cost me something. I should be happy that after the good deals, I still saved so much more with my bro's help. I could be a happy greedy person. After my bro finished the work, I actually handed him RM100 for helping out. He didn’t want to take it considering that he was just helping out. But I insisted that he takes the money as “a treat”. I knew I could just be happy with all the experience and thinking that I saved a few hundreds from a good deal and just keep the happiness alone. But when I decided to give my bro ¼ of the money because of his help, I was even HAPPIER because I knew my bro would feel so good inside because I valued his work and he has more to spend! My day was completed with the label – Today Is A Very Good Day. Thank You Lord!!

I’ve done all I can with the best manner and the best intention and then good things come to me. I thought I was happy enough if I could keep the happiness alone, until I learn to share it then only I know my happiness is doubled. So it’s true as what the saying goes, “Happiness is small when we put it in our little hand, until we learn to share it then only we realize how big and meaningful it is.”

Maybe you should try it too :)

No comments: