Statcounter

Friday, April 23, 2010

“I Will Never Fall For Ya”

You meet new people, from strangers to new friends—you can tell one thing. “I will never fall in love with this person.” Not necessarily because u think the person is not good enough, but it’s always because you have a certain criteria for your dream guy and decided that the new person doesn’t have it. So how well can u rely on this?

I have come across guys who initially believed that I am way out of the league. At least in my experience so far, whether they might think I talk too much, or I think too much, but they also found that I am intellectually intimidating, that they thought I was a little too smart. It’s individual’s opinion. Maybe it has something to do with their manly ego and stuff. But more than one case so far in my life, the guys actually broke their own word. The same guy who months ago told me that he would never fall in love with me, actually forgot that he said something like that. The next thing I know, he was saying words of love and suggest that we take it another step ahead. In one case, I actually brought up about it and the guy said, “Now it is different. Now I think smart girls are hot.” Or is that just an easy excuse?

So what happen? Are months long enough for you to remember something like that? How on earth that you guys change your mind so fast? I think it happens a lot to the girls too. The guy that she thinks is less favorable becomes the guy that she ends up falling in love with. It sounds a bit funny, isn’t it?

I have a new concept of “attractiveness” between male and female. I believe that you can never answer accurately what kind of person you could fall in love with. Maybe you can easily say that you like girls with long hair and skinny body. But wait a little while and see who you fall in love with. She could be totally the opposite!! I still believe that attractiveness seems to be very much the job of the eyes, but it’s more than that. It’s how connected you feel with the person, and how much joy the person can bring you when she’s around and stuff life that. Suddenly you don’t care if she has long hair or not. Suddenly you can tolerate with her bigger size. Eventually you have to admit that maturity and experience help you to evaluate people beyond their physical values. “There’s something else behind all this criteria thing. It just doesn’t work all the time.”

To me, I also would say something like that to certain guys. Like, I’m very sure this guy or that guy isn’t my type. No way I’ll ever fall in love with him. But at least, my way of evaluating someone is not the same as most people do. I think I am being realistic with my criteria. I won’t say that I won’t fall for the guy just by the way he looks. Nope. I already know that it’s not always about looks. But it’s not always the case for some people. They just randomly say to the person that, “I’m sure I’m going to love you as a friend and not more” just to find out that they forget that said it. So if I were the person who was the target in that case, I would just smile cynically and shake my head. Maybe it’s just how it works. It’s a work of Mr. Cupid that strikes the arrow straight to your heart. By the time you say, No! Don’t! , it’s already too late. You start to feel that tingle and overwhelming feeling that you want so much to tell the person how special he/she is to you. Sometimes the feeling is too much for you to bear.

So before you even say it confidently that You will NEVER fall in love with someone, you should slow down on that thought because that soft feeling is very strange. Sometimes you try so much to avoid it, but you still fail. You would have to surrender to the fact that you can never tell what the future bring :)

4 comments:

reFfz said...

VERY TRUE indeed..it happens to me at times,knowing someone u wouldn't expect to fall in love with.. minus the telling her NEVER part though..hehe..coz i believe these things can happen at any times, feelings just cant be control.. :p

Twofivesix256 said...

Reffz...your case can be understood. But after university, it's a different story. You will associate with people from different range of age and status. Funny things can happen like you could fall in love with a lady older than you or someone's fiancee or wife - And in most of these cases, u can only fall for her with the knowledge that you can never get to be with her. Hahahaahaha. Good luck in your hunt for the right one ya... *giggles.

reFfz said...

wow..after reading that, i really hope you're wrong..hehe~ ;P
btw,as for the worst case,ive been through that as well..though we bornean people(sabahan and sarawakian) always have mix marriage,sometimes u just cant push it in certain cases..*sigh~* whatever it is, wish u luck as well!!! =)

Twofivesix256 said...

No, I'm not wrong but you can do your best not to get involved in forbidden love like that. If things can be simpler, then keep it simpler. Love is a journey to the right one. You may come across a few wrong ones before you come to the right one. To me I agree with, it's better to love and get hurt, than never get to love at all. *giggles