Statcounter

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Good Old Things

Hey peeps. I’m trying to find an excuse to write something here in my blog today. You guys realize that I don’t blog everyday like usual, as of late. But I think you guys understand that sometimes I’m bothered by my unfinished works and sometimes I didn’t have the time to go online. So if you guys think that my attention is now distorted from this little humble blog of mine, you’re totally wrong.

Okay, just borak2 kosong la this time okay? Hehehehe. Well, immunity should go down as we grow older right? But it’s a bit different with me. When I was younger, I couldn’t beat any fever or cold. I couldn’t. Once I have the sign of getting a fever, I would definitely have to run the full cycle to recovery. The runny nose, the hours or a day of lying down on the bed, feeling so weak and my body would be engulfed with heat that slowed down the whole system. My eyes would be teary and red. Yeah, that was the old days. I couldn’t believe it myself that I actually stopped a fever before it even happened again. It happened a few times this year. When I got the sign, I just knew that my body is stronger to beat it. So what I did next? I actually went and enjoy a few glasses of ice drinks to tell my fever that “I’m not scared of you” anymore. Hahahahaahahahahahaha!

A few days ago, I got the sign of getting a fever. So, now that it was only the 4th day since the sign, I’m still totally energetic. Just that, at nite, the fever is coming up a little bit telling me that “Hellooo 256? My name is “the fever” and I’m in your body, ok? It’s not like I’m not here at all, okay??” (*Lols). Yeah, I still have to turn off the fan and let my body sweat a bit just to “tame the fever” and let it know that “Yeahh right…Like I don’t know you’re still there.” Hahahahahahaha. But…isn’t it great? I manage to get the fever inside the drawer as long as I need my energy to work. And when it’s time to rest, then only I realize that I actually have the fever. Hehehehehe.

Since that you get to see my old hair (actually this hair was not far behind me, just a few months back), then it reminds me of the hairstylist that got to colour my hair twice, and cut it once. While I was sitting in his saloon, he told me a lot of stories just so I didn’t get bored. He told me about Who He Was before. He told me he used to be “The bad young kid” who did a crime of stealing expensive stuff from the electric shop he worked with. I was shocked to hear it. He told me that he sold all the stuff at cheaper price and earned a LOT of money from it. From there, if he went shopping with a few hundreds, he considered that “moneyless”. So listening to his story…Who would have guessed, a guy who talked so softly, considered good-mannered and very funny – was Once a thief. He said the young mind thinks differently. Luckily he didn’t go to jail once the boss found out. He got fired and that’s all. He also told me how his beautiful ex-girlfriend actually left her for an internet guy, after him spending thousands on her, and after accepting her despite her bad background with guys before him. He also told me about how he was hired to be the emcee of a wedding at a renowned hotel, but he was only paid RM50 when even the new shirt that he wore cost him RM 80, and the worst thing was, he didn’t even get to gulp a drop of water, not to mention any foods. I listened every word he said. This man went through a lot, I thought. Now, there he was. Brushing colours on my hair. The past doesn’t spell your present, agree? I have friends who told me that they once took drug or they punched their friend half dead – or anything that you could not imagine people like them doing --- but in the present time, they are a somebody some people look up to. Luckily, I don’t have a good story to exchange with them. I never tried all the stuff that could make the headlines. But here we are, talking to each other, as if we both had never been friends to the bad stuff. He and I make no difference, regardless our past. What matters is, we are here, standing on the same ground, exchanging smiles and gestures, talking the same language. They are right. The past can’t hurt them that much. Tomorrow is another day and these people have proven to me exactly that. You can let your past from NOT interfering your future. Let them be good enough to be written in your autobiography first few chapters and nothing more. Again and again I told myself that, how come life is just really a puzzle after another.

I hope the puzzle that I’m going to solve next will be revolutionary.

The only bad news is – your can’t rely on your good past for your present victory. Fair enough, right? :)

No comments: