Statcounter

Sunday, October 18, 2009

The Spiritual Me

One of the best episodes I watched on Oprah is about Spiritualism. I like it so much. In fact, I was startled by the fact that what they are talking about, isn’t anything new to me. I don’t know why they make me feel like they just put it in words for me to understand what I’m doing all this while.

The concept is like this. We are more than just our bodies. It’s not our body which has our soul in it, but it’s more like our soul that is wearing our body. So you know, SOUL is an entity that is not physical. If we can learn how to get connected to our spiritual being, we can live life the best way we cannot do in the normal way. We will be more content and happy, and we will see life more interesting and not get carried away with our worldly cares.

How to get connected with your spiritual being? Among them are, you must be in touch with the nature, appreciate the little details that is happening around you, and the ritual is “taking a silent moment” every morning, thinking about nothing at all, before you are ready to face the day. Okay, I am not here to repeat or summarize what they discuss on Oprah. I am here to clarify why I feel like I have something in common with this spiritualism subject.

From my blog, I think you guys can sense that I think a little bit different from most people. I like to see things in different perspective and I tend to exaggerate things that are small to some people. I also think too much. And from my everyday thing, I often become the place where people share their burdens. All this makes me connected to my spiritual being, actually. Or maybe, it’s the other way around. Maybe it’s because I am an individual who is already connected with my spiritual being and so people can easily connect with me. Well, it doesn’t matter what the answer is.

Although I have a few attitudes that make life harder for me – but I never get too carried away with it. I find that there’s something inside me that gives it a balance. Although I know that I am a human of many weaknesses, I always believe that regardless my weaknesses, there’s always the better side of me that people don’t have to know exist. As long as I know it, and that’s enough. For example, if people give bad comment about myself, and yes, they can make me feel very bad. But deep inside of me, I just know that I am never as bad as they said. Although how bad I feel about myself, one side of me just know that I am never that bad. This way, I always can find balance between my negative and positive. You know, too much of something is bad. I can say that it could be the only thing left for myself when I feel like the world is tumbling down. I just know that this world is all there is. Not everything can be seen with bare eyes. So I'm using this to tell myself, no matter how bad people think about me, I know that there's something better inside. I only need to be strong enough to believe that what's really inside me matters more than just the impressions that people can see.

I don't think I can explain this to you guys. You have to search it within yourself and you'll know what I'm talking about. As far as the Spiritual Me is concerned, life is still damn hard. But the trick is, I always have a way to enjoy life. Cos maybe I've known it all this while, that My Soul is running my body, and not my body running my soul. My Soul is always whole. Nothing can hurt it. So...

Remember that. Nothing in this world can be SO Bad. Nothing can hurt who you really are :) You only need to connect to your spiritual being and you will feel whole again. :)

No comments: