Statcounter

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

The Cashless Experience

Heya peeps. Ya guys know something? I have this habit of not bringing too much cash inside my wallet. It’s just my routine. In fact, I never actually check how much I have left. I usually will check at the time I need the cash. Then it’s a normal view to see me stumbling on my wallet trying to find for a “hidden treasure” inside it. Like, Hey, where’s the freaking 20 cents I need to put in the water machine? Hahahahahahahahahahhaha.

This is one funny habit that I have. I am so negligent when it comes to how much I have in my wallet. I usually will go to a shop, and look for what I want to buy, and put it at the counter, and only I check on my cash. Ouch! Is there any teller machine around here? I saw the expression on the faces of the cashiers. I thought they might think it was absurd to see something like that. How come someone could be so “careless” about how much cash she’s bringing. Yeahhh, I know it’s funny. I find it funny too. And sometimes, tiring. And sometimes, EMBARRASSING!!!! Hahahahahahahahahahahaha.

The “life jacket” for this habit is – I should at least put some effort on making rough calculation on the things that I take to the counter. At least, if I bring little cash, then make sure the things I buy are within the budget. But I proved that I didn’t even use that “life jacket” to save me from trouble. Hehehehe.

Last Saturday, this habit nailed right on my head. Served me right. Hahahahahaha. I took some groceries to the counter, knowing that I had little cash in my wallet. I was sure those things gonna fit my budget. Actually, I didn’t worry a little because I knew there is a teller machine just outside the supermarket. I knew it. But I was too lazy to stop and took some money before I went in and shopped. I thought that I might not need more money. Hahahahahahahaha. So after the cashier punched in the things, I saw the amount, it was just slightly off the budget. It was less than RM2 off the budget. It was so stupid. Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha. With people queuing behind me, I told the cashier, “Ouch! Can you wait?” Then I walked quickly to teller machine. I came back with a smile. I was a bit embarrassed because I made the rest wait. But I managed to control my composure, so nobody actually threw that irritated look at me.

This thing became a habit to me. I don’t know why. I only need to know that the teller machine is around at the shopping mall that I go to, then everything will be safe. This habit gets really creepy sometimes. Sometimes it left me sweating thinking that I might not have a freaking dime at all at the minute I want to use it. Hahahahahhahahahaahaha. With this kind of absent-mindedness, I don’t think it’s impossible. Luckily, the teller machine is everywhere. This is actually the reason why I don’t bother taking cash with me. Yeah, for someone who is using cash all the time, this habit is becoming very hilarious, I must say!

But this habit saved me from greater loss. When my handbag was stolen before, I didn’t have to grieve more that I did. I lost very few cash – all I needed was my new bankcard and I could handle the rest of the difficulties the stupid thief caused me. Maybe I feel so comfortable that the bank keeps my money. But it’s certainly is not the reason why I should go shopping cashless, right? 256, don’t say I don’t warn you. I certainly don’t want you to tell the cashier this, “Can you guys please apply for a teller machine to be located outside this shop?” The last time I said that, they cashier almost choked with laughter. She thought I was kidding. *Lols. Yeahh, okayy okayyyyyyy… I TRY NOT to do it again. Don't let the bed bug bite you twice, is it? Hahahahahahahahahah. Have fun all!

No comments: