Statcounter

Saturday, October 3, 2009

"Can Be Just Be Friends??!"

Last nite, I was having quite a weird conversation with a guyfriend. We were exchanging SMS in the middle of the stormy nite and the weather didn’t seem to affect him at all. While I was concerned about my work, and the strong wind that kept disturbing my attention, he was SMS-ing passionately. Want to know the story?

This guy was missing from my life for quite some times. The first time that we became friends, believe it or not, he actually “gave up” on me. He said I was too smart for a guy like him. So he practically eliminated me from his life – in a nice way. I didn’t understand why someone would throw away a friendship just because they could not be more than friends. My concept is very different. As for him, he only wants a “sure thing”. If the lady can be someone special in his life, then only he thinks it’s worth it. Other than that, even a friendship is not good enough. Actually it offended me in a way.

So after a while, he came back into the picture. And the last thing I expected to hear from him is him giving this another shot. He told me, “I think we should try it out.” I didn’t get it. He said, he wanted to be “more than friends” with me. “Let’s give it a try,” he said. Damn. You guys are very cunning. You can’t just come to your female friends and ask for something like that. It’s ridiculous.

A lot of things had happened since the last time we talked. But this man doesn’t care. He only cares if I give him a Yes or No to what he wants. And the worse part is that, he wanted my answer right away. He said he couldn’t wait. He said he doesn’t want to queue. I tried to tell him politely that I don’t want to lose my friend this way. I prefer that I have a lot of friends and nobody gets hurt. “All I want is your “Yes”. If you say No, I will be silent cos that’s embarrassing to ask you again and again.” Then I went…Emmmmmmmmmm… for a very very long time. I don’t know what these guys want. What’s with being “A Girlfriend” anyway? Why some guys make it sound like it’s a must to have one. I know, this is a silly question. But I hope the guys know what they need the girlfriend for. Is this an emotional need, a physical need or just something to show off? Suddenly I’m curious all over again.

After telling him politely that “I couldn’t”, he said, “A friend is not good enough for me. I want more from you.” Man, you guys are doing it again. You can’t simply demand anything that needs commitment from other people, can you? It’s unfair. I’m trying to keep my friends here, okay? Why can’t we all be just friends? Why do you guys have to dump me if we can’t me more than friends? Who is crueler here? Is it me? Or You? But I can’t make everybody happy. I’ll end up be the one who is crushed trying to keep my friends happy. There’s nothing wrong with friendship ba!!

“The last time I recall, you said I was too smart for a guy like you. And what happens now? Why all this sudden change? I thought you knew what you want?” I was trying to loosen up by making funny statement. He said, “I realize that Smart is Hot!”. Whatever it is, you guys can’t just wake up from your wildest dream and pop out a question like that. I think that something like this can ruin friendships. I’m under no obligation to comply to your needs. I’m just a freaking friend, remember?

“Don’t you have feelings for me, at all? Don’t you want to give me a chance? I’m begging you.” If you ask me something like that, do you mind to hear me saying NO? Why do you have to give me the chance to hurt you? Can we just be friends?

Even if I am in the position to consider, it’s not an overnite thing for me. Giving words means giving commitments. I don’t toy with something like that. If you want a part-time girlfriend, then please look around. I’m sure there are more girls available to “try out” to see if it works out. I don’t have time to “try out”. So I make myself clear, I want to keep my friends and it doesn’t have to end tragically by one side getting hurt. It doesn’t have to! Don’t spoil our friendship with this, please? Pleaseeee???

To the point.

Let Us Just Be Friends.

4 comments:

ulal said...

hadoiiii pundan2 kaitu lalaki arr ?? ko kastaw tu kawan lalakimu bah .. camni.. ko anggap jak suma kawan pompuan mu tu iyalah "gurlfriend" then nda laitu durang rasa tertekan wakwak

wines said...

iya iya..tu namanya lelaki yg tia tahu malu ba kan memaksa org...eh silap meminta harapan supaya kana kaci chance ba jadi boipren...hahaha.
sa rasa memang dia ni dari golongan lelaki yg separuh hensem ni kan..coz kalau dia hensem tentu dia jual mahal tu dan tidak mo paksa org unt bagi chance jadi boiprennya..dan kalau dia tidak hensem, tentu dia tak brani tu mengurat si 256 ni coz dia kompom takut tidak kana terima bulat²..jadi kompom dia ni separuh hensem.

tapi kalau dipikir sekali, duakali or tigakali.. ble jua ba bagi chance dia sikit² ni, bukan apa lelaki ni mcm kan kalau ko kenal dia before like suam² telur, i mean ko tia kanal dia betul²..nah apa salahnya kan coz macam dia ada aura or semangat unt menjalinkan sebuah perhubungan kenen..ni ditambah lagi dgn semangatnya yg berkobar-kobar menebalkan muka minta simpati. tapi kalau u da tahu perangai sebenarnya kan..dan perangai tu buat kita meluat atau kalau tidak pun bikin kita was was..baik jangan bagi chance..cukup la sekadar as prend kenen.

Walau bagaimanapun, lau ko buka mata kan 256..diluar sana tu masi banyak ba jejaka² yg budiman dan yg mahu andai ko jadikan durang as boipren...hehehe kan bro ulal (sambil kedip² mata ama bro ulal)
jan ko risau kompom tu ada yg mahu dari yg tidak mahu...kekekekeke..

ulal: ko rasa lau sa menyamar kenen cal si 256 paksa dia jadi gelpren sa..ko rasa dia tahu ka tu aa???

ulal said...

emmmm kalo ko nyamar ... kalo kadapatan lain ari abis lah tinga mu kana kubit uli kuku yg sdah d pindikkan uli mu wkakwkakkwkaaa..tapi sia rasa kalo ko jujur dan tau apa kemahuannya .. nda masalah baitu bro :)))

Twofivesix256 said...

Hahahaahahahahahaha... Okay macam ni cerita dia. Orang tu bukan tidak hensem tu wine. Tapi orang tu pemilih bah. Dia ni sentiasa cakap, "She's not my type". Actually sia sudah suruh dia approach macam2 perempuan yg sia rasa ngam dengan style dia, but dia ni memang cerewet. Ada2 saja tidak kena. Dan dia tidak mau buang masa mau pikat2 perempuan so dia cakap terus terang. In fact, the first time kami kenal tu pun dia sudah rasa sia advanced dari dia so dia rasa memng kami tidak ngam. Lama juga kami lost contact. But then, jadi macam ni pula. But sia respect style dia tu, sebab tidak main hide and seek dan mau berlagak baik ba...tapi masalahnya, ke"gete"an dia pun terserlah juga akibat terlalu tidak berselindung. *Lols. Apa pun, ini small matter ja. Biasalah, just sharing2 mind and thoughts...it doesn't have to ruin a friendship kan... hehehe.

Sia belum lagi tulis ciri2 lelaki idaman perempuan ba kan...hehehe I'm taking my time. Lama sudah sia delay tu, but it will come. So from here, you guys can know benda2 yang mungkin u guys tidak terpikir. So, wait until sia ada mood tulis pasal ni hal. Sebab sia kena pasang perisai tu -- untuk menepis jelingan2 manja daripada yg lelaki tu...Hahahahahahah :PP
Muahsss all