Statcounter

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

"Nothing Comes Free"

I was about to send one of my pcs to the shop. Then I remember that my bro is always the computer genius in the family. I asked my bro if he has the time to reformat my pc, he said okay. I told my bro that, "I will pay you like what I pay the pc shop." He kept quiet. It was actually not a good thing to talk about payment when it comes to families. So I understand why he didn't want to talk about it. So just now, he did all the job to my pc. Just the simplest job that didn't take him even a freaking hour. This is just a piece of cake to him. He even solve the strangest pc problems in the whole family and relatives. In fact, my bro earned a lot of money when he worked as an apprentice at a pc shop during his college years. It was where he got all his knowledge from, considering that he didn't take computer course for his degree. But since he didn't pick that field for his serious career, my uncles usually asked him to do laptop works for them, for free. I'm sure that my bro won't talk about money. It was just improper to ask for payment, right?

But when it comes to me, it's different. I know how to value one's skills and talents. Maybe that's how much I would like people to value mine. Nothing comes free this day. I mean, if you are the one who is offering your hands to others, it's okay to put "Free", but not when you are the one who is asking for other's hands. You have no right to put Free for their service. That's my concept. So after my bro did his job with my pc, I gave him the money which I would exactly pay the pc shop. He didn't want to take it. So I just pushed the money and asked him to take it - letting him know that I don't give you this money because I think you don't have money, but this is because of you serviced my pc and I would still have to pay the same amount should anybody else does it. So, it's very simple. Family is family, but when it comes to something that need someone's professionalism, nothing comes free these days. At least, we be compassionate enough to value people's work. If you think their skills are nothing, you might as well be doing it with your own hands. As long as you need someone else's hands, their skills are never too cheap, not to mention FREE. So, you know what to do. Family or not, nothing comes free :)

2 comments:

wines said...

wah..ko memang berpegang pada prinsip.. ya la memang sekarang ni teda yg free ba dalam kehidupan seharian..nasib bro ko tu baik hati kan..kenapa coz dia sanggup jua terima tu duit ko walau sama adik sendiri. Kadang² org ble salah ertikan ba tu keikhlasan kita mahu bayar pertolongan yg telah dia buat. kadang ada yg pikir "ah ko ni..ko sindir sa ka mo kasi duit² ni..kita sedara ma..!" ada jua ma kan yg gitu..

unt bertukar pendapat ja la ya, maybe boleh guna cara lain ba selain bayar dia dgn duit..ya la maybe entertaint dia p makan kepsi ka mekdi ka..karaoke ka..nah so tia la rasa sangat yg kita tu bayar atas titik peluh pertolongan keluarga sendiri ba..

/me rasa lau 256 ama hubby nanti kan..huahauhaua mesti setiap pertolongan pun berbayar tu kan..huahaua punya siok ooo lau tu mcm..kakaka

Twofivesix256 said...

hehehehe... gini ba wine, if tolong2 kasi bagus lampu, tulung hantar, tulung angkat barang... ha, yg ni sia nda bayar punya. Cos itu tulung2 ja. But hal2 yang melibatkan skill dia - yang cost me money if I ask orang lain yg buat, sia akan pay juga. For me, that's professional work. If with my special one la kan...emm...I think concept dia masih sama juga. But kalau setakat minta tulung cuci and jemur santut di ampaian tu jan harap la sia mau bayar. (/me pingsan ketawa)

I give you example. If let's say, my boyf ni engineer, if I ask for a favour that needs his skill, sia MUST pay unless dia kasi cerai sia kalau sia pay dia. *Lols. I mean, kalau dia insist sia tidak pay, at least I do the same favour barulah sia rasa senang hati. Bah, mana kau tau, dia punya permintaan tu lebih2. Manatau dia suruh kau round2 KK satu hari dan kasi tinggal kerja kau...nahhh...bagus lagi bayar jaa... Hahahahahahahahaha. I mean, the concept is like that la :)