Statcounter

Saturday, June 6, 2009

When Winning Makes The Difference...

A fellow online friend Mr Luke Lester a.k.a Nantung requested this picture to be here in my blog. This is a little token of Thanks to him because in the early days of my blog, he actually did quite a lot of promoting for people to start coming here, to at least have some people took a peek at my blog, (including his boss. *Lols). Here’s a little story of this picture.

This is a picture of Appey Rowena Januin, the winner of Unduk Ngadau for Papar district for the year of 2009. She was the first crowned Unduk Ngadau for the whole Sabah (as far as I know) because she was crowned on 1st of May 2009, which was only the opening of Kaamatan month. And the launching for Kaamatan festival for this year was held in Papar and it was the day that she got crowned. I was not even aware of this event because to me, it was still too early to enter into the season and already my district was naming its Unduk Ngadau beauty queen for 2009. I remember saying, Ouch, we have the Papar winner already? Isn’t that too early?

What’s interesting with this picture is, the person who took this picture did not know that this girl gonna win the competition. As a matter of fact, he took the random pics of the other participants too. But maybe because she’s among the most shining participants, so he actually took her picture just at the perfect angle.

What’s more interesting is, he actually brought the pictures to me and asked me to copy all the pictures to my pc since that he borrowed the camera from his friend. So this picture has been in my pc for almost the whole May, and to me, these bunch of pictures, including this one, is only “additional burden” to my pc because I have to keep them around but it has nothing to do with me. Hahahahahaha. But I occasionally open this picture and said to them, “Hey this one girl is cute kan? It’s taken backstage during the Kaamatan launching for Papar district.” Then the person who took the picture told me, “Actually the girl won the title la.” Then I went, “Oh, really? So you mean you actually took the picture of a girl way before she went into stardom?” Okay, with the bla bla bla, I didn’t actually care that much. This face has become so familiar with me because whenever that relative of mine asked for a picture that belongs to the same folder in my pc, I kept coming across this picture.

And finally, when the Kaamatan was coming to its peak, people talked of going to Hongkod Koisaan to see the event, especially the state level Unduk Ngadau. This girl was representing Papar. I didn’t remember if Papar ever wins the major title for all the years that I could recall. So I did not put any hope to see Papar candidate to come to the top. So, only 2 days after the event, the same guy said to me. “Eh, you saw the state level Unduk Ngadau’s picture ka? The girl actually won it la.” Then it struck me a bit. “Oh ya kaa? That girl in the picture you took?” And he said, “Yaa, but she looked a bit montel sudah di final tu.” So he gave me the newspapers and I couldn’t agree more. She looked slightly different during the shots of the crowning. What does the trick? The Make-ups.

Who cares about the make-ups. She’s still the prettiest of them all, right? *giggles. That’s very lucky that the make-ups didn’t spoil anything. I seriously think the make-ups in the first picture was more appealing to her. (Please refer to the picture at the final competition. I don’t have them here) And Yes, I should have my say because the pic has been around me for the whole month ba!!! If she had not win the title, I’m pretty sure that this picture will remain just another picture that could be deleted from my pc anytime. But since that she has won the title, it’s not just another picture of some unknown Unduk Ngadau’s participant. It’s a picture of a newly crowned state level Unduk Ngadau 2009. Yeah, now you know that winning makes the difference. :)

This is the full picture especially for the new fans like Mr. Nantung. *Lols

2 comments:

NaNtung said...

she so beautiful...i leps u Rowena Januin, the winner of Unduk Ngadau for Papar district for the year of 2009.... thanks bebeh 256... tapi mimang si Rowena lawa oOO... memang ngam dia manang...

ulal said...

aiiiknaaaaaa nantung .. nanti ko tulung sia subuk2 kunu bepa tiang kat umahnya wakwak..