Statcounter

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Value Of My Intellectual Property

I received 2 missed calls last nite. It was from a customer who had been getting good bargain for my piece of work. Although it was my mistake to put a low price at first, okay fine, I take the blame. The fact that he used my work for a something that brought him good business – okay fine, he took the chance, good for him. He came and asked for my service for such a good bargain, 3 times. FINE! 3 times are enough.

So the attempt to get the 4th one, I lost my “appetite” for this business deal. My piece of work was released in a newspaper and I felt SOOOO bad that time because I knew I charged the man so low for that piece. And then everyone liked it. So because of the good comments he got that time of course he comes to me again when he is asked to get another work like that..

Look, I don’t care if people don’t know who is behind the work. I really don’t care. I’m used to it. People saw my works and some like them without knowing from whose hands the pieces are coming from. I don’t care. It puts a lot of pressure on my personal life if people know that I do it and start to expect more and more from me and wait for the single mistake for my downfall. I can’t perform well under pressure. This is my weakness. So I rather that people know my work without them knowing me. But this one is different. If you want to make money from my work, at least you SHOW ME the value of my intellectual property. I tell you people, I would do something FOR FREE because my work is my passion. I don’t need to get money back to be doing this. But with or without the involvement of money, I REFUSE to let someone else claim my work to be his or hers. Yes, you can do that once or twice, or maybe thrice, but you must understand that those works come from my 2 hands so you can’t decide when you can get the next one without giving me a good bargain for it.

Let me make this clear to these people. If I’m not happy with this, I won’t do it. Even if you put me a large amount of money, NO THANKS. My time worth more than that. I rather spend my time chatting with my big bro on IRC than spend my freaking hour with a lot of pressure just for a freaking undervalued work. This is more than just business deal to me. I want my work to get the proper appreciation. My point is very simple. If it doesn’t make me happy, I won’t do it..

Find someone else to do it. Good Luck!.

P/S – Is this side of that that my big bro refers to when he said “You’re a very strict person” – Sia mau complen, manada strict wooooo. Urang begini baik dan bersopan santun, apa kes ooh mau strict2. (*Lols Hahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahahahahahahaahhaahah) :PPP.

2 comments:

ulal said...

ko kena ninguk dr sisi lagi mahh , kan sia ada bilang ko baik ati zantung mu lagi,ngan bagik kaunsuling free wakwak nah sini ko ada tunjuk banyak jua piluang ko bagi kat owang... kalo yg mata luitan punya owang arr...awal2 sdah dia deal tu harga lorr.. mana mo tunggu sampai 3 kali lagi tu dear ekekkeke

Twofivesix256 said...

ya lalingg....kau jua la pujaan atiku... *Lols