Statcounter

Saturday, June 27, 2009

The Young Mom

I remember opening a picture of my mom from last Christmas. And then a customer dropped by and have a chat with me. She took a glimpse of the picture in my pic. “Who’s that? Cantiknya.” But she only took a glimpse of it, because I closed the picture right away. “My mom ba that.” She said, “Wow, your mom? Muda juga your mom”. I just smiled.

And then yesterday, I showed some pictures to a friend. A picture of an event that was taken last year. As she was looking at the pictures, she mentioned, “Who’s that sexy lady?” She was also took a glimpse of the pics because I was changing them so fast. “Which one? Oh, my mom ba that.” “Wahh, mudanya your mom. Awet muda ooo. Mesti dia kawin awal tu kan?” Then I answered, “Yep. Besa la zaman mama bapa kita. Banyak yg kawin awal. Tu la masih muda masa anak besar2 sudah.”

Are you one of those people who have a “young mom”? People always mistaken you guys for being sisters or she being a young auntie. My mom got a lot of compliments for looking young. Yes, as I told you guys in the article for Mother’s Day, my mom got married at a young age.

But I seriously think that’s not all. My mom looks after her food and drinks more than we do. It’s not for the purpose of taking care of her youth really. It’s simply because she thinks it’s the best way to go. But in the end, it’s doing her good. One more thing, my mom is a very cool lady. She doesn’t let emotion rule her. She doesn’t keep vengeance and she’s is so not hot tempered. I guess, her cool attitude does a lot of things to her youth too. Other than that, my mom is the type who loves to groom and look good when she’s out there. She is more worried about how she looks like, even more worried than her daughters. Sometimes I think that it’s kinda a burden to take care so much about looks. The need of wanting to look good in public is tiresome to me. I don’t like to put so much energy on grooming because I don’t really like attention, especially when things get overdone. I rather go around unnoticed than having people whispering around about my overdone grooming. But at the end of the day, it’s all about YOU and how comfortable you are about it.

Speaking of my young mom, I think it’s really good for her. I actually like that people say something good about my mom, and I always hear her getting compliments about her looks. As a daughter, it’s funny that I just enjoy the view. I don’t even feel challenged or anything. I mean, this whole thing doesn’t even motivate me to groom a little bit more so that I could appear the same way as my mom. Nope, I don’t do anything like that. I always do it my own moderate way. I want to put on lipstick or colour my hair, I just follow what I feel like doing. It’s always my mom who sometimes got motivated by me. Like, when I colour my hair, my mom would pick a colour like I pick because she thinks it looks good. As for me, I don’t have a certain feeling about my own appearance. I just feel that I’m very simple, low-profile and nothing much to look at how I appear in public. I’m just the simple and casual Twofivesix[256]. Yes, sometimes I go to work with my hair uncombed. I tell you I just go ahead with it. I don’t really think people would look my way, anyway. Hehehehehehe :P

Since my mom is comfortable about looking good in public, it’s good for her. I’m feeling so happy for her. I think, maybe the parents don’t think that it matters to their children, whether or not they groom. The fact is, your children like it when you groom. They want their parents to look good too. Not that they don’t appreciate you as you are, but it’s human nature that we like to look at nice things. Don’t be surprised that when the parents are looking so messy, the kids can feel embarrassed to get caught walking along with the parents. They don’t want to see the funny reactions in their friends’ faces. Do you, as a parent, want this to happen?

So, it doesn’t matter if you’re getting older as a parent, to look good in public could be a thing for your own, but as much as you spend for that, it’s also that much you seem to appreciate yourself, it actually makes people appreciate you too. They won’t take you for granted because they know you also don’t take yourself for granted.

So, maybe this explains why I feel good when my friends say something good about my mom. It’s just funny that I just prefer to enjoy the view and don’t feel the need to be like her. I think that maybe I have found my true identity and eventhough I think that my mom appears at her best, I still find my own little ways to feel that I’m happy with my simple ways. And kudos to my mom for looking great. I hope that she will always enjoy her true freedom being the woman she wants and me, your daughter will always be proud of you, mom. *giggles.

4 comments:

ulal said...

I’m just the simple and casual Twofivesix[256] <- ni yg susah mo d sari kat zaman ni ekekek.. bah bila kami buli ninguk pic mom ko ?
he he he ...

Twofivesix256 said...

tu laa slalu panjat tingkap, cuba katuk betul2 tu pintu dapan, confirm mom sia yang buka that. *Lols.

/me pasik2 pipi si ulal abis dalam diam2 dia nda setuju sama tu simple and casual tu. Tataps hutang gigitz ni kali woo.

Hahahahaahahahahahahahahaha

winesimpsons said...

Bahasa pasar:
Wah siok oo kamu ni kan [256], jeles oo sia ama ko ni..memang best oo kalau ada mom yg sporting, memahami dan awet muda..hehhe. Tapi napa ko pula yg tak kawin muda aa..?? besanya istilah bapak burik anak rintik tu jadi satu faktor yg wajib dalam keluarga tu kan...biasanya la sa bilang bukan satu kemestian ba kan.

Dalam story ko ni kan..hehhe ku memang da agak..ko ni memang kiut macam mom ko tu. siok la mom ko ni...oneday kan ble ka kasi kenal ama dia..? hehhe..bukan apa cuma rasa teruja dan kagum dgn ur mom ba <---- So, maybe this explains why I feel good when my friends say something good about my mom. ( i fell good...hehe jeng jeng jeng..lagu TV3 dulu²)

Twofivesix256 said...

Gini wine...mama bapa sia sakap...urg dulu2 teda sikul ba. Memang patut dorang kawin awal sebab teda focus lain. So dalam kes tu, teda kes la tu bapa borek anak rintik sebab zaman sudah berbeza ba. So apa2 pun, study kena habis dulu, and then career kena stable dulu. Zaman sekarang ni wine, perempuan mana mau kalah. Ndakanlah belajar lama2 pas tu jaga anak ja kan. hehehehehe. But perempuan ada talampau kerja duit ja pun sampai nda pandai masak pun payah juga la. Sukur laa sia pandai jua masak megi. Hahahahahahahahaha.

Pasal mom sia tu, itu subjective ba tu. But mimang ramai yang cakap my mom awet muda, maybe pasal anak2 perempuan mom sia pun besar2 sudah kan, if kamirang masih kecil, maybe nda jua dorang cakap mama sia tu muda ba tu. Kiut atau tidak tu, actually sama penjagaan penampilan ba tu. Kalau berkemas-kemas, berhias-hias pun kiut jua tu jadinya. Ikut mata yang memandang baitu. Hehehe.

/me lap peluh panat menaip (*Lols)