Statcounter

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

The Magic That Camera Captures

Let’s make this a quick one. Early this morning, I came to the office and open the pictures taken more than a year ago. I have not looked at the pictures because I didn’t bring my own camera that day. It was during an engagement ceremony. I was looking at the faces of the people. I remember that “the air” was not that cool that day. Everyone was not smiling to each other, everyone had the issue to not mingle around. Like it was just a formality that you have to go through. I remember it because it was only last year. I remember the feeling. It wasn’t a friendly feeling for sure. But then, it was a good event, for a good cause.

When I finally open the pictures just now, the pictures say otherwise. For someone who looks at the pictures alone, he/she would think that everyone was enjoying the day. It was all smiles and laughs in the pictures. The cold emotion was nowhere recorded in the camera. So I’m sure, 10 years from now, I would only rely entirely on the pictures to recall how the event like. So I’m right all along when I keep saying to people,

“What Matters Is What Recorded In The Camera”

Then I recall another event, my graduation day. I remember being not in the mood because I wanted the day to be good. I got mad to everyone for the smallest reason. I remember that I was so mad because I gave them my digicam so that they could take candid pictures of me inside the graduation hall, but they did not take a single picture - because it’s Prohibited to do so. Yes, it’s prohibited but everyone else was taking candid pictures of the graduates. I couldn’t understand why anyone of my family members did not do it because the moments are priceless. I remember getting so mad at them. So outside the hall, I kept my cool and took a lot of pictures anyway. I hid my anger by wearing the sweetest smile. So, after the pictures were processed, I was surprised with the result. The pictures are all so lovely. Like the first scenario, I couldn’t see the anger or bad emotion when I look at the picture. I was looking like I was the happiest graduate. It was all smiles and nothing else. And for my family, looking at the album, they didn’t memorize that I was actually angry that time. The pictures don’t recall anything badActually SMILES hide all the emotions you don’t want to remember when it comes to taking pictures. So, now you KNOW THE TRICK. :)

So, it doesn’t matter how bad the event is going. Sometimes things get out of control. But remember, what the camera captures is going to stay longer than your memories of the event. One day, you even rely entirely on the pictures to recall the memories of the event. So, don’t give up on your day yet. Always put a chance to the camera to make it up for everyone later on. It happens to me many times, it could happen to you too.

Maybe the magic of the moments are there but we are too tensed to capture and savour it. So maybe we can let the camera do it for us – so that we can savour it for the rest of our lives. :)

4 comments:

ulal said...

nahhhhh sini ko ada bagi tu pencipta satu idea utk reka tu kamera yg buli ninguk dr sisi punya ni tau wakwak..spaya dalam satu keping gambal tu buli nampak suka duka sosourang .. dr depan ninguk gumbira ... dr lakang ninguk marah.. dr kiri ninguk sodih..dr kanan pula tolanzang wakwkkakwakaaaa (duluan sia buking tu kamera kalo ada)

camna pun syukur labaitu ko ada pic lagi taim ko graduates :))
masa sia graduate sana uk (ulu kinabatangan) teda sepa mo amik pic bah .. kiri kanan om jak belambak sambil tunjukkan iklan colgate gege putihnya wakwakwak

Twofivesix256 said...

hahaahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahha jojonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn *Lols. Gege2 ni jan sebut ahhh...sensitip bogia tuu... *gigitz berabiz *Lols

ulal said...

aiik kan gege tu lambang sosourang punya koistimewaan dear :))) besyukur labaitu kalo ada "GEGE" yg sumil :)))~~~~

permanis orijinel baituuuu dear wakwakwak

Twofivesix256 said...

Hahahahahaahahahahahahahahhaahahaha /me pingsan tawa