Statcounter

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Too Cheap To Wear?

I bought 2 new blouses to wear at a coming event. One blouse is at a standard price and the other is actually much cheaper than it looked. When my sister asked me to show them, I was a bit reluctant to show the other one with the cheaper price, though it is much more beautiful. “So this is what you gonna wear?”

“Actually, yes. But I’m having a second thought on the second blouse. Because it’s quite cheap.”

Damn it’s strange. How on earth did I say anything like that? I mean, “because it’s cheap”??? Gotta be kidding me.

Then I continued, “Actually, I would still buy it if it costs more than that. It’s just beautiful and it fits me just nice. The thing is, it cost only that much so I just grabbed it and brought it to the counter without much thinking. Even if I don’t wear this to the event, I would still not mind buying it. But then, since that I need something to wear for a big event, I’m a bit hesitant because of the low price. Something doesn’t feel right.”

My dear readers, why the fuss, right? I mean, why would I think to a great length just because a blouse is so beautiful but yet so cheap? Why did I make such a big fuss out of this? Why don’t I just wear it and, to hell with the cheap price. So what?

The hunt for the perfect clothes is pretty hard. If you can find one that cost so much, you would still buy it because you know, it’s not easy to come across another perfect one. Price becomes number two because you Want it and you Need it. If Only you could find a perfect blouse with a “perfect” price tag, isn’t that a dream come true? Yes, it is.

But now here’s another issue that shouldn’t be an issue to begin with. How strange. Now that I found something so good and yet so cheap, I become a bit hesitant to wear it at a big event. Yes, although it’s beautiful. Nobody would have guessed how much it cost but since I bought it myself, so I know how much it cost. And how could that possibly disturb my emotion to wear it?

This is something strange about human beings.

No Wonder why the smart business players can make a lot of Easy Money because they can simply manipulate the “weakness” in human beings. The power of making Impression is not just what to be made public, but in senses too. People are made to believe that What Expensive is worth it, and vice versa. So even if it has to come down to them wearing something so nice but doesn’t cost so much, they still don’t feel so good inside because they know that they don’t have to fork out so much money to finally be able to buy it.

What if… what if another shop sell the same blouse, priced 5 times the price that I bought it, yes, I would still buy it if I come to that shop first. And the feeling would be different then. I would believe that the blouse worth that much because I spent so much money on it. But in reality, since that I come to the shop that sells it at such a low price first, I know that the blouse doesn’t worth so much in terms of production cost. But what does that do to me?

Look at me now, I don’t feel that good to own the blouse just because it doesn’t cost me so much.

The other shop that sell it 5 times more expensive doesn’t change the fact that the real cost of production for the blouse is SO LOW. Just with a touch of golden colour all around it, could make a whole different IMPRESSION on it. It can look expensive and all, but only the manufacturer knows how small the cost is to produce a blouse like that. Only because of this, the shop I bought it from sell it that cheap.

I think I’m just lucky to find something that cost “as real” as can be. You never know how many Cheap clothes out there that are sold in exclusive boutiques. Those that cost you 3 digits to buy, it doesn’t mean that it’s really expensive to produce. You never know that ¾ of the price actually added to BUY your impression so that you can feel good to buy it. The smart sellers who can see this weakness can simply be manipulative and make easy money. As a matter of facts, there are many shops our there who saw the opportunity in manipulating this element. I can’t blame them. This is what business world is all about.

I think that they are being so smart way before I even come to realize it. The manufacturers don’t earn so much because people don’t have to know where the factory is, but it’s the middlemen that are earning so much money. They can play with impressions ( such as brands and labels), charge it so high and make the rich people smile when they buy it.

They don’t have to know how cheap the cost of production is. They only want to have a reason to spend their money and BELIEVE that there are buying something that really worth that much.

I think, let’s not care so much about this. Let’s just live with it and mind you, with this weaknesses, who knows one day, it might be our turn to tap benefits from it. *giggles.

Back to my blouse, I will still wear it. My little sacrifice is to forget that I don’t spend so much on it. How about a little game that I tell people I actually bought it a much higher price?

They don’t have to know how much it cost me. I only need to make them BELIEVE that it cost so much to make them think high of the blouse. Hahahahahahaha. That’s a little manipulative mind game. Don’t blame me. The game is around for so long already. I’m just taking a little part.

So, will I buy a beautiful blouse at a cheap price again? I REALLY DON’T MIND. Bring it to me!! *Lols

Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

No comments: