Statcounter

Sunday, June 28, 2009

The World Lost Jacko

I first heard the news of his lost in The Breakfast Show last Thursday and I turned off the tv shortly after. I felt quite heavy listening to news like that. Not because he’s Michael Jackson. Not because he’s the so-called King Of Pop. Losing another human being from this world is a sad thing to me.

As far as losing Jacko is concerned, there’s something else. I feel that, No, he can’t be gone! It’s NOT timely for him to go. The world is not ready to lose him. I myself, as a music lover, I know it’s not the time for him to go YET. He still has a lot of unfinished business to do. As a human being, I regret it that he left before I could listen to all his good songs, before I could learn so much more about his controversial life, MUCH MUCH MORE about him that I’m taking my time before I can learn enough. I feel quite bad inside because I thought that at least a singer like him, who has not been reported to have any type of fatal illness, to still be standing strong for another 10 years or so. If only I knew he gonna leave this soon, I would take some more time to appreciate his work while he’s still alive so that I could do it all in time. It’s just to cliché that we start appreciating someone the way he deserves only after he leaves this world for good. It’s so unfair.

It’s been a few days now and I have been trying to not feel affected by his demise, but I can’t. Early this morning, I woke up from bed, feeling sad. I mean, the world is now without this controversial figure – Mr Jacko. As controversial as he was, we cannot deny how passionate this guy is in what he’s doing. He’s famous since he was a kid. A black kid. Although it has became a national joke on how he turned himself from a black guy to a white guy, getting a serious nose job – what could be there in the head of Mr Jacko to be doing all these?

I read about his childhood long time ago. He has a perfectionist dad who was rather abusive. He always got teased by his looks and his inability to be at par with his brothers. I think it doesn’t take a genius. If people like you and I had a childhood like that, to go along with the vulnerability of a kid who wanted to live up to an expectation, we could be doing something drastic like that too, just to make up for all the things that we thought we failed to do since we were a kid. He has the money, he has the popularity, but still nobody could give him the security he wants. He feels that he still has to live up to expectations and if you say you don’t believe that this has something to do with his childhood, I beg to differ. It could be EVERYTHING about his childhood.

When his ex-wife- Lisa Marie Presley spoke about Jacko being a Weirdo even in his own home, I could see how insecure he was. He even wore make-ups taking his bath. It’s not just a mask against the world, but it’s also a mask against anybody else close to him. But then, the might Lord blessed him with so much talents that have touched the hearts of many – in such a way that even a someone like me would shed a tear to see him go.

A lesson that I’m taking for his lost is… You never know when you gonna go. You never know when someone else go. We might get carried away with too much worldly cares, about physical and social expectations, about who’s making more money than who – but when it’s time to go, you gonna leave everything you have just in a split second. This is the time when no controversies actually matter that much anymore. No matter how much defects he has and how much people are talking about him everywhere – why the fuss, people, why the fuss? You know it too that you and I have as much defects too.

Yes it’s sad. If only we all could just keep everything nice and good, we might not feel so heavy when someone has to go in a sudden. We don’t have to regret and wish we could have more time to appreciate the person when he’s still around to receive and hear all the credits he deserves. Just when you thought someone is good to go for at least another 10 years, you never know people, you never know. The world doesn’t need to give us another proof that there’s something else beyond all these worldly cares. We gonna leave them all behind, one day. If only we could connect more to other people in the most heavenly way – just to have good bonds and sincere relations. I’m saying this because we might be spending too much time to find faults and blame others for their unfortunate points, when we could use the time to appreciate his contributions. If only we did that, maybe he could achieve to a greater height and do more good things.

It’s definitely something to learn :)

Note: His song “Heal The World” was the song that put me on the stage with a group of friends during one event back in secondary school. We received a big applause not because the performance is good, it’s because it’s the SONG that really make a difference to the people who listen to it. If you listen to his songs, many of them really comfort you and tell you to do good things. Kudos to you Jacko. You are in better hands now. May the Lord bless his soul for all the good deeds and messages he conveys through his songs and the inspiration that he brings to those who are touched by his songs.

4 comments:

ulal said...

ni owang laini yg hazar sia nari papet taim sia sikulah randah wakwak
dr dia jua lah kuar tu break dance ..dr dia jua lah taputar putar tu leher budak gara2 belajar pusing kepala kat lantai sampai kana band uli karazaan tu tarian .. sib bek indada tiru dia p ubah mukanya jadi ompotih .. kalo lah ada om om yg ikut gayanya batukar p putih .. kompom huru hara laitu estet estet wakwkakkwkakkwakaaaaaaaa

AngeL BeaR said...

Heal The World is one of my favorite....RIP MJ. He is a truly an icon to remember.

ulal said...

/me sukung punuh sama c dingo :))))

Twofivesix256 said...

uiks laling, kau pandai la tu menari papet tu? Cuba kunu kau tunjuk skill mu tu laling. *Lols

"sib bek indada tiru dia p ubah mukanya jadi ompotih .. kalo lah ada om om yg ikut gayanya batukar p putih .. kompom huru hara laitu estet estet wakwkakkwkakkwakaaaaaaaa" <- Jon baaa....*Lols.