Statcounter

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Promises Are Meant To Be Broken?

IF you want to say something and not meaning it, DON’T PROMISE. It’s as simple as that. If you intent to keep it, then you call it A Promise. If you say something just to forget it, then call it a joke, call it a pick-up line, call it ANYTHING la! But never call it A Promise.

I have broken some promises too my whole life. You think I’m proud of it? It’s when you think you say something and mean it, but then you find out you are not in the position to honour your own words. I’ve been in that situation too, my friends. But what would I feel if someone I love does something like that to me? Could I forgive the person? Maybe I could, but it would be hard. So a lesson for me is that, Never fool around with the word Promise, because it’s only by NOT keeping a promise, you could hurt the person you love forever. And it’s because of a broken promise, you would lose someone’s trust, and you would become a pain in the heart of the person that you love so much. It’s a very serious offense in the questions of heart, my dear friends. Don’t toy with that word.

Seriously.

I recalled one funny morning. I was in the middle of doing my work and at the same time, stealing time to sms a guyfriend. We were sms-ing fun sms back and forth, when he finally felt like wanting to talk to me live. He knew that I don’t usually take casual calls during worktime so he asked my permission. I said, No, I can’t talk on the phone now. "Please, pleasee…," he said. I knew he would do anything to make me say Yes. I said, "No! The last time you said you gonna call for 1 minute, I ended up sleeping at 3.30 in the morning!". It was really a good line to throw at him because he kept doing something like that. "Only 1 minute, I promise you this time, ok! Just want to say Hello." It was a freaking dirty filthy joke to begin with. See, he toyed with the word Promise, and I let him! My goodness! So when he finally got me on the phone, guess what, the 1-minute was lost from his dictionary. Hahahahahahahahahaha. I kept looking at the clock as we were talking. He made fun of the word "Promise" before my very eyes!!!!! He totally forgot the word 1 minute, my friend!! (*Lols). At least, show some compassion to the word Promise ba kan? At least you talked for 10 minutes, and say to me I’m sorry, I added the 0 to the 1, it makes 10. So when I finally trying to cut the conversation, OK!! Your 1 minute is done! And it was almost 2 hours for Pete’s sake! *Lols. The next time any of my friends use the word Promise just to make people say yes to their request, I’m going to make them pay. How? I make a promise and then break it and see what they feel. Ouch! Will revenge do any good? Guess Not.

This has to stop. Never toy with the word "Promise" because you never know how much people honour it and maybe your first time breaking your promise is all you need to lose someone’s trust forever. You want to wait until it happens to you first before you can believe me? Be My Guest!!

No comments: